Care 4 UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
I got an APC 500W UPS.....I wont be using my comp for about 2 months...Wat care shud I do to take care of my UPS battery???

manasdas

Right off the assembly line
Just ru your PC or any electronic gadget on the UPS till the battery is totally exhausted. And also rmember to pull out the mail plug.

crashuniverse

In the zone
You can also just leave it on...switch off the plug on the UPS but keep the power supply on

I totally agree. Its cos it keeps charging itself. And when it reaches a max it jus' stops charging more. And generally there is no such problem when left like this as its a very common incident for students going back to their places in holidays.

expertno.1

Technomancer
I wont be using my comp for about 2 months...Wat care shud I do to take care of my UPS battery???
since you will be not using the ups for two months
the best would be to keep the switch of your UPS off
but keep the switch off the mains to ON
this will make an automatic harging mode

when ur battery is getting exhausted (due to time) it will be automatically charged
------------------------------------------------------
or u may use the ups for other purposes also
hey i use my ups even to watch TV....will it harm my ups or my tv ?

nix

do not leave it for charging for long hours....overcharging is not good for your UPS. the battery life decreases due to overcharging. i used to do the same...then my UPS got spoilt and now i switch off the UPS when not in use.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Never leave a ups battery or for that matter any lead acid battery fully discharged. It will be "dead" in a few days, this is due to a process called sulphation where the lead converts to lead sulphate and this is an irreversable process. Alwase charge the battery and then store it in a cool dry place.

expertno.1

Technomancer
@bizzare try what
ishaan,crashuniverse,expertno.1,pradeep_chauhan
said they all are in one point to regular charge the ups
anyone plz answer this
hey i use my ups even to watch TV....will it harm my ups or my tv ?

OP
bizzare_blue

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
I recently kept my UPS just next to my monitor and the monitor has started flickering...Will this cause any harm to the monitor?

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
@expertno1
It depends on your tv's wattage. If your tv has more wattage than your ups can handle, then its definetly bad for your ups.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
pradeep_chauhan said:
Never leave a ups battery or for that matter any lead acid battery fully discharged. It will be "dead" in a few days, this is due to a process called sulphation where the lead converts to lead sulphate and this is an irreversable process. Alwase charge the battery and then store it in a cool dry place.

Very correct and to be followed by all.

V.Prem Kumar

janitha

Wise Old Owl
nishant_nms said:
No problem in using tv it will not damage either the UPS or the TV

Not exactly. Depends on capacity of UPS and consumption/size of the TV. Also take into consideration, the heavy surge current taken by the TV when starting.

V.Prem Kumar

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
janitha said:
nishant_nms said:

Not exactly. Depends on capacity of UPS and consumption/size of the TV. Also take into consideration, the heavy surge current taken by the TV when starting.

V.Prem Kumar

No TV is going to use that much power(500VA) and what do u think ur monitor doesn't take the heavy surge current on starting.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
nishant_nms said:
janitha said:
nishant_nms said:

V.Prem Kumar

No TV is going to use that much power(500VA) and what do u think ur monitor doesn't take the heavy surge current on starting.

Please try connecting a 21 inch Sony TV to your 500 VA UPS and if it works, I will agree with you.

V.Prem Kumar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom