cards within 13k

techinewbei

Broken In
helo guyz

i need a graphics card around 12-13k.i will be using maya,vray,after effects cs6, mostly.
i know guyz this budget is too low for a card to run such application,bt what to do i dont hav so much money:(

neways plz guyz suggest the best within this,.....i found both autodesk and adobe recommends gtx 580 card.bt i dont know its price.i hav to get a geforce card or a raedon as i cant afoard for a quadro or firepro now.

thanq guyz

Cilus

laborare est orare
Please fill this up and post here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/149373-graphic-card-buying-advice-template.html

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Op needs a workstation gpu and for his budget the best is ATI V4900 @ ~12k nVidia Quadro 600 @ 10k.

OP
T

techinewbei

Broken In
1. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)
Ans:intex 450w

2. What is your budget?
Ans:13k

3. Which resolution will you game at?
Ans:not worried for gaming

4. What are your current computer specifications?
Ans:dual core E5700 3ghz
6gb ram
1tb hard disk
asus nvidia 210
asus p5g41t-mlx

can i get it (v4900) from any online store i cant get it from local market i know they dont hav professional cards.

1. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)
Ans:intex 450w

2. What is your budget?
Ans:13k

3. Which resolution will you game at?
Ans:not worried for gaming

4. What are your current computer specifications?
Ans:dual core E5700 3ghz
6gb ram
1tb hard disk
asus nvidia 210
asus p5g41t-mlx

can i get it (v4900) from any online store i cant get it from local market i know they dont hav professional cards.

You'll also need a new PSU. At lease a Seasonic S12II 430W costing 3600.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Topgear, all the applications OP has mentioned, run very well in nVidia 600 series gaming CPU, most of the time suppressing quadro cards based on older architecture. OP should opt for a GTX 660 or GTX 650 Ti Boost card along with Antec VP450 PSU.

OP
T

techinewbei

Broken In
ya i will definetly get a good psu

bt in card which one should i go for whether a firepro v4900 or gtx 660

i got the firepro v4900 in amazon with a good price (Amazon.com : ATI FirePro V4900 1 GB DDR5 DVI/2DisplayPort PCI-Express 2.1 x16 Video Card (100-505649) : Computer Graphics Cards : Electronics)

should i go for it?

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
Topgear, all the applications OP has mentioned, run very well in nVidia 600 series gaming CPU, most of the time suppressing quadro cards based on older architecture. OP should opt for a GTX 660 or GTX 650 Ti Boost card along with Antec VP450 PSU.

+1 for GTX 660

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

yes, but can't say that about MAYA :)
Maya 2013: OpenGL Results - Workstation Graphics: 14 FirePro And Quadro Cards
AutoDesk Maya 2013 GPU Acceleration - Puget Custom Computers

OP
T

techinewbei

Broken In
guyz im getting confused and another thing gtx 660 is around 16k and my budget is 13k

guyz if i order from amazon den what all will be my import tax any idea ??

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz
i have one question...as op mentioned his CPU is dual core E5700 3ghz, wont this CPU bottleneck a GTX 660 or this bottleneck will happen only when playing games and not when using maya, vray etc?

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
Import tax is 16.5% but Indian Customs is very irritating and unpredictable. Sometimes you get your parcel without paying any duty, sometimes very little and sometimes over the top.

OP
T

techinewbei

Broken In
thanx coldbreeze16

so its better not to take risk and buy it locally

guyz another thing in autodesk page i found ati 7770 mentioned. and with the price of this card i can get gtx 650 card. which one will be a better choice.

anybody here have used the applications i mentioned,and if yes which card are you using

Cilus

laborare est orare
HD 7770 is slightly better in gaming performance and compute performance. In Autodesk utility, the cards main task is rendering and I think both the cards will be okay. Now Adobe has started implementing OpenCL based GPU acceleration in their products and amd cards do have a chance of better performance there. But CUDA plugin is also available with adobe.
In VRay and Maya, nVidia cards perform better due to CUDA support. They do have limited openCL support but the driver from AMD is still not matured enough.

You better have a look at this review: Workstation Graphics: 14 FirePro And Quadro Cards - 21 Graphics Cards, Benchmarked And Compared In Workstation Apps and check applications you are going to use, which company's card is performing better and take your decision accordingly.

OP
T

techinewbei

Broken In
thanx cilus i have more work in maya than in adobe so i guess gtx 650 it will better competitor here.

guyz im stucked with brand now i got these two

*www.snapdeal.com/product/zotac-gtx-650-1gb-ddr5/544215

*www.snapdeal.com/product/asus-gtx650e1gd5-nvidia-pci-express/1387476?pos=1;11

which one to choose guyz zotac or asus

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
thanx cilus i have more work in maya than in adobe so i guess gtx 650 it will better competitor here.

guyz im stucked with brand now i got these two

Zotac GTX 650 1GB DDR5 Graphic Card - Buy Computer Components @ Best Price | Snapdeal

Asus GTX650-E-1GD5 NVIDIA PCI Express Graphic Card - Buy Computer Components @ Best Price | Snapdeal

which one to choose guyz zotac or asus

no, I'll again tell you to go through this review and see for yourself which gpu performs better in Maya 2013 :
AutoDesk Maya 2013 GPU Acceleration - Puget Custom Computers

as for gpu Asus and Zotac both are good ... zotac has the advantage of 5 years warranty.

OP
T

techinewbei

Broken In
the only thing pushing me back going with a ati card is CUDA.

adobe after effects havnt mentioned ne ati card all are nvidia,
and in near future im going to start NUKE also and its has strictly mentioned about CUDA cards.

if im wrong correct me.

And about that benchmark test
someone has mentioned that its only difference in driver and of course as he has mentioned it may change at any time and also that physx turned off had a bad score for gtx cards(im nt sure about this thing).

is he right??

OR i shoud go for a ati card and having no cuda technology would not affect much here.??

zotac is priced lower than asus is any feature missing in zotac card ,,and which one will be a cooler one will not hav any heating issues. i have used card from asus i have never experienced any heating issues ever and some of my friends also have asus card and i have never heard any defect in them.
i know zotac is a good manufacturer but juzt never used it.

if zotac is equally as good as asus then why should i buy a expensive asus card.
and my renderng will defintly go for 15 16 hours,i have to render many complex scenes.

Top Bottom