Cap Internet Connection Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
Is there any way I can reduce the speed of internet connection of my computer ?

I mean, globally reduce the speed.My max speed is 30 KBps.I want to cap it at something around 15KBps ...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well here is what u should try... i cant find a Free option... though its a paid one... but this bellow software is worth every penny... :)

DU Super Controler 1.90

on 256 kbps plan....

:::.. Download Stats ..:::
Download Connection is:: 362 Kbps about 0.4 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)
Download Speed is:: 44 kB/s
Tested From:: *testmy.net/ (Server 1)
Test Time:: 2007/01/03 - 12:00pm
Bottom Line:: 6X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 23.27 sec
Tested from a 386 kB file and took 8.75 seconds to complete

can i case against them ?

Last edited:

hash!!

________
well, the isp's around here, they dun 'promise' the spcified bandwidth... instead, they give a range in which ur connection would always function... like for example, if sum1 has a 128kbps connection, it isnt a dedicated 128kbps connection, as in the speed you get will fluctuate between, say 64 to 128kbps... and your d/l speed is always arnd 1/8th of your specified bandwidth, basically somewhere around that...
thats a catch... atleast for airtel ppl it is... i came to know about that a couple of days back... tho i guess i've read sumwr that its a govt regulation that a broadband connection is that which provides minimum 256kbps...
but airtel guys found a loophole... they have adsl connections...
bottomline, u cant sue them, cuz they're smarter than you, and they'l show u some hidden clause in the agreement...

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Surely then airtel cant use "broadband " for their advertisements for all plans below 512Kbps only the 512 plan qualifies for this term.
Do we have a lawyer who can file a public interest petition, sure they will be pulled down for misleading advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom