Canvas HD launched

5fusion

Journeyman
its like "try your luck". if at all a defective/cheap piece, problems should crop up in first few months & if it survives the time then its totally worth the cash and should not have any issue for few years. well my friend has been using the first Canvas for about a year and he has not yet faced any major issues.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Those who planning to buy this set don't buy looking upon the benchmark score, please don't . Save and buy LG optimus L9

Last edited:

quagmire

Allllright !
WTH? Antutu scores for SGS3 shows as 12095 on ThinkDigit website-

*www.thinkdigit.com/FCKeditor/uploads/file/Micromax-A116-Canvas-HD-Antutu-4.jpg

On Antutu website SGS3 has a score of 16301 -

Samsung Galaxy SIII Score:16301

And how do two phones with same SoC (Snapdragon S4,Adreno 320) - Nexus 4 (Score 11890) and HTC J Butterfly (Score 20083) - have such a huge difference in Antutu scores?
Moreover HTC J has a 1080p display..

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Those who planning to buy this set don't buy looking upon the benchmark score, please don't . Save and buy LG optimus L9

Finally a person with sense

WTH? Antutu scores for SGS3 shows as 12095 on ThinkDigit website-

*www.thinkdigit.com/FCKeditor/uploads/file/Micromax-A116-Canvas-HD-Antutu-4.jpg

On Antutu website SGS3 has a score of 16301 -

Samsung Galaxy SIII Score:16301

And how do two phones with same SoC (Snapdragon S4,Adreno 320) - Nexus 4 (Score 11890) and HTC J Butterfly (Score 20083) - have such a huge difference in Antutu scores?
Moreover HTC J has a 1080p display..

Benchmarks are not everything FOR the last and final time

REAL world performance is what matters.

Can it play 1080p videos smoothly, Live up to the expectaion, get future updates, is the sound quality up to mark?

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Sony, Motorola Said Again to Plan MediaTek MT6589-Based Smartphones - Softpedia

If Sony releases any Mediatek based phones, then there is a high probability that they will release their KS as well

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Cheaper phones....!!!!

Otherwise they will charge you the same, 18k+ for Dual Core, if MediaTek, 8k+ dual core, 4" screen, blah, blah.

At the end, it all comes down to price. MediaTek means cheaper phones.

sumit_anand

Ask the man who owns one!
Hmmm not bad :
Micromax A116 Canvas HD sales top 9000 units in first 24 hours

why I am not surprised by this news..I was expecting news like this ever since the news of Canvas HD came into the air..But I still think 100 times to get this phone....

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
CODES? You mean Source Code or something else?

Yes, the kernel source is the main reason why majourity of Indian android phones can never get Cyanogenmod or any other "genuine" custom rom..
( I mean genuine i.e compiled from source, not some modded framework-res.apk by a "wanna be" noob developer)
MMX and other indian companies, dont bother with releasing these KS, but according to GPLv2 licence, they are entitled to release it as soon as they release a new phone..
If someone finds the source of Mt6589, it is possible to port all features to another phone sharing the same chipset..

sample video

*www.thinkdigit.com/Mobiles-and-PDAs/Micromax-A116-Canvas-HD-A-Quick-Pictorial_13504/1.html

according to this, front cam is capable of 720p video.. still a bit skeptical

5fusion

Journeyman
thats dam good quality :shock: ..focus is fast and quality seems to be real good and much better, in league of high-end phones i guess. wasnt expecting such a thing from mmx. great though.

tkin

Back to school!!
thats dam good quality :shock: ..focus is fast and quality seems to be real good and much better, in league of high-end phones i guess. wasnt expecting such a thing from mmx. great though.
That phone is great, never said it was bad, I am just worried about service, and quality as a whole, my earlier Nokia 5800XM is 4yrs and running, how long will the Canvas run?

nginx

In the zone
Antutu is a true weird test, it makes no sense at times, its high time its deleted from the benchmarks suite.

The same thing we thought about Funbook when we bought it, let a few months pass, lets see if it runs fine after a few months of use, Cilus said the same when he purchased a ninja, after a few months he wanted to throw it out of his window :D

True that. After buying Funbook, its hard to trust MMX again with any product. When something is too cheap to be true, then there's always a catch. And not to forget the after sales service, its horrible.

Let's see...only time will tell if MMX finally has a winner in its repertoire.

That phone is great, never said it was bad, I am just worried about service, and quality as a whole, my earlier Nokia 5800XM is 4yrs and running, how long will the Canvas run?

My Nokia 5800XM is 5 years old now. Still running like a champ with 4-5 days straight battery. I can't imagine smartphones of today being that reliable with everyone complaining about their batteries not lasting even a day.

Top Bottom