Canvas HD launched

Nerevarine

Incarnate

Initial reviews are fairly good..
To clear things up
It has a 2mp front cam..
Also, it comes with a SAR compliance certificate which states that it has only 0.416 W/kg which is quite good and very much comparable to samsung phones..
So, is anyone gonna buy this ?

The audio on the device also seem mediocre, as the audio seemed muffled when Bharat put it on the table..

Update: The phone does record at 1080p @ 30 fps.. check this video

Last edited:
OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
^SAR is definitely not bad, it has a SAR compliance of 0.416W/kg which puts it in league with sammy and HTC

The difference in scores in nenamark is probably due to major difference in screen resolution.. A116 has a resolution more than twice the size of Galaxy Grand..
But the scores in Antutu heavily favor A116.. o_O..
If after sales service wasnt a problem and KS would have been released, I think MMX would have finally done it

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
After sales and support of Indian companies are really pathetic,
That's the main reason we should always keep in mind when buying products from these companies,

sumit_anand

Ask the man who owns one!
At this price, the phone stands way ahead of it's rival competitors but since the brand value of Micromax isn't that good do they may find some issues in it..Overall it's going to be a tough competitor to Galaxy Grand..Lets wait and watch for the audience response on the same.

Empirial

Youngling
Why do all MediaTek based phone lacks a Digital Compass? How many million dollars do MediaTek saves by eliminating such a small feature?

Last edited:
OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
^Very Very true :(.. but the A90S has a digital compass I think.. Too bad MMX didnt include it in this

But then , its simply unbeatable at its price.

Your profile pic matches with what you said lol

5fusion

Journeyman
sure unbeatable at this price but then again its MMX. unless their service n all stuffs get better,starts manufacturing themselves, it still has hard time to get me inclined towards it. Perhaps mmx is the only cheap brand that nowadays coming close to international standards but i doubt will ever reach at that level.
i can think of getting mmx in 7-8k range but not beyond 10k no matter how good price performance ratio be.

Empirial

Youngling
Micromax A116 Canvas HD performance review vs. other quad-core phones - Mobile Phone | ThinkDigit Features

5fusion

Journeyman
impresssive performance in its class:shock:. benchmarks do fluctuate my previous view:-? :-D. wasnt expecting it to get a place in "top of the line" crowd.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Its Quad Core, so performance is better compared to other mobiles in this category.

What makes me wonder is, how come it is better than SIII in Antutu benchamark?

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ Its Quad Core, so performance is better compared to other mobiles in this category.

What makes me wonder is, how come it is better than SIII in Antutu benchamark?
Antutu is a true weird test, it makes no sense at times, its high time its deleted from the benchmarks suite.

wow, at its current price category, it pwns all other phones.. that is indeed amazing
The same thing we thought about Funbook when we bought it, let a few months pass, lets see if it runs fine after a few months of use, Cilus said the same when he purchased a ninja, after a few months he wanted to throw it out of his window :D

Top Bottom