Can't open G-mail ,Hotmail Account!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnold

Broken In
Hello friends,

I am a having a problem all of a sudden in opening the G-mail and Hotmail accounts, but Yahoo and Rediffmails are opening fine.. I tried with Internet Explorer and Opera browsers with same result.
The point is, it was working fine just a couple of days back,but after having a new Dataone connection is take, it's no more working.
If someone has any idea what has gone wrong, please come up and advice me what to do to get rid of the problem.
Thanking you all in advance.

OP
A

arnold

Broken In
well, I could open the Gmail but cannot log into my account with my user name and password.
Not only that I cannot log into my Hotmail account also ,but can open the hotmail site.

OP
A

arnold

Broken In
No,I haven't turned on any firewall recently..
Besides, the default Windows firewall is also turned OFF
It's still not opening..

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
check your restricted sites (in IE options), if those two are in there remove them. add Gmail anf hotmail addys to trusted sites, and there should be something simmiliar in your AVG. can you access them in safemode(with networking)?

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
maybe u can try going into the ie settings and see if it's in the blocked list if it isn't i don't know wat to say

satyamy

Alive Again...
arnold said:
well, I could open the Gmail but cannot log into my account with my user name and password.
Not only that I cannot log into my Hotmail account also ,but can open the hotmail site.
sites like gmail & hotmail need more bandwidth
may be ur bw is low so thats the reason

try to open ur ID from some other PC

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
satyamy said:
sites like gmail & hotmail need more bandwidth
may be ur bw is low so thats the reason

try to open ur ID from some other PC

Hmm really, well u learn something new each day... if arnold were to turn off auto load of pics, movies, animation yada yada yada, would that work? from going through the forums here sounds like Dataone service is slow.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
arnold said:
Hello friends,

I am a having a problem all of a sudden in opening the G-mail and Hotmail accounts, but Yahoo and Rediffmails are opening fine.. I tried with Internet Explorer and Opera browsers with same result.
The point is, it was working fine just a couple of days back,but after having a new Dataone connection is take, it's no more working.
If someone has any idea what has gone wrong, please come up and advice me what to do to get rid of the problem.
Thanking you all in advance.

Please check your upload and download speeds.I use *myspeed.visualware.com/speedtest/speedtestjs.html

A week or so back I experienced a similar problem with my dataone connection.Some sites would load fast and some sites would either not load at all or will take a long long time to load.When I checked the upload speed using the above site I found it to be an abysmal 1192bps.
URL: *mys.peed.visualware.com/speedtest/speedtestjs.html
When: Sat Jul 07 11:04:15 IST 2007
Download: 489,784 bps
Upload: 1,192 bps
QOS: 97%
RTT: 315 ms
MaxPause: 239 ms
Test #: NA
After I persisted with BSNL that good download speed alone is not sufficient and after many days they rectified the fault and the problem vanished.

The normal upload speeds I get are in the range 418,920bps
URL: *myspeed.visualware.com/speedtest/speedtestjs.html
When: Mon Jul 09 20:32:55 IST 2007
Download: 524,296 bps
Upload: 418,920 bps
QOS: 84%
RTT: 298 ms
MaxPause: 217 ms
Test #: NA

Last edited:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Do you have a legal windows? Have you upgraded to internet explorer 7? If the answer to the above two is Yes, then apply this patch
*www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...FF-7BFE-4336-9E65-972ED21324C4&displaylang=en

The above is also available in Autopatcher which is on the Digit DVD :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom