Can't open aspx files

Status
Not open for further replies.

devips

Broken In
For sometime now, my PC refuses to recognise and open aspx files. Is it a registry thing? How do I set it right?

I installed Adobe Reader 9 a few days back. Does it have anything to do with this?

For sometime now, my PC refuses to recognise and open aspx files. Is it a registry thing? How do I set it right?

I installed Adobe Reader 9 a few days back. Does it have anything to do with this?

What happens when you try to open it? whats the error you get (if any)

maindola

Broken In
aspx is a asp.net web application file. Generally this file is not present in windows. The only possible reason why it is present could be that either you have downloaded it from the internet (or some program from the internet which is a asp.net web application) or you have developed it yourself.

If it is downloaded, it cant be run until you have the corresponding class file with the extension aspx.cs. If it is present you have to go that folder where this file is present and open it in web browser. At times you may also require dotnet framework to be installed (1.1 or 2.0 or 3.0 or 3.5 based on the version on which the development was actually done).

If it is developed by you (which appears unlikely), then install framework, create virtual directory using IIS and right click the file in IIS and select "Browse"

Hope this will help.....!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom