Cant Install any script with Installatron

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title says,
On my new website , (With DA and Installatron) I finally decided to get down to business with the designing.
While selecting the CMS (currently in 2 minds between Joomla and Drupal..anyway this is not the issue), after I click on install, I have to select the path.
Now here's the issue.
No matter what path I give (whether it is my URL/WP or my URL/idiot or whatever )
It installs it on that path and not public_html :(
So when I type my url, I get "please upload an HTML file to your public_html folder to view it here"
But
When I type my url/drupal , then it shows me what it is meant to be shown in my original url.
WTF am I doing wrong?

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Do you have an archiving tool on the server which you can control from your end, like file manager in CPanel? If yes, upload Joomla! archive installer and unzip it there.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
1. what is your website url?
2. Are you using fantastico for installation??
3.Do you want to do manual installation?? If you want to do manual installation of any CMS..........
Download the script -->> unzip the script -->> upload all files in public_html folder.
Follow the installation instruction.

public_html folder is main site directory.

OP
thewisecrab
I know what public_html is.. it's that when I load a script with Fantastico (Cpanel), all I have to do is type my URL and the Kubrick page is seen
With Installtron and DirectAdmin, when I click on Install script and leave the path blank, and then when I type my URL, I get a blank page with:
To change this page, upload your website into the public_html directory
what should I do?

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
1. Leave the "Enter the Path Field" blank
*i33.tinypic.com/hv8pbr.jpg

2. Delete index.htm file from pubic_html

Did you submit ticket to support desk ? I never knew you had hosting with me :D

OP
thewisecrab
Well Yeah.. I'm hosting with you :)
That index.html page is very misleading, (Ticket mein yeh kyun nahi likha? :p)
Any way, will do that
edit:can finally install drupal now :D

OP
thewisecrab
well, I have two domains with Outpower and one with you
Gotta say I've got the best of both worlds :wink:
PS. When does live chat come online? Most of the time I have to make do with ticketing :???:

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Most of the time, LOL no offence.....but i guess this was your first ticket and i think it was answered in timely fashion IMHO. As most of my clients would agree the tickets are answered in under 1 hour. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom