cant format G drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

bholu

Broken In
Hey geeks,
When I click to my G drive it Gives me an error “The disk in drive G is not Formatted, Do you want to format it now.� When I click to yes it starts formatting but after ½ hour it gives an error that “windows was unable to complete the format� and says drive G cant be formatted.
The same case happens with my floppy drive even that I can’t format.

Please give the solution as soon as possible.
Thnx
*bholu*
:( :?: :?: :?: :?:

sakumar79

Technomancer
Reg. floppy drive, either floppy disk or the drive itself has gone bad... Try with other floppies and if none work, ask a service engineer to check the drive/get it replaced...

Reg. G drive, please specify hard disk capacity, existing partitions... And just to be sure, G drive is not a CD/DVD drive right? How old is the hard disk? Perhaps the drive has developed bad sectors... Run a scandisk on the drive... perhaps in dos mode

Arun

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
try formating in safe mode...

nd regarding floppy drive error...mmmm used floppy almost more than a year back,moreover it is prone to this kind of error ...meaning floppy is DEAD!!

Stuart Stafford

Right off the assembly line
I cant open my usb drive..please help?suddenly from this morning i cant open my usb drive. when i try to open it i get a message like: the drive in G is not formatted. do you want to format it now?I have my class project saved in my USB drive so I have to open the disk anyhow. and i dont want to lost any file. how can i open my usb? please help me

real time deployment

paroh

Padawan
1)Try to run check disk(SCAN DISK) on the USB drive go to run ->cmd->chkdsk x: (X the USB drive letter)
2)Try to use the different USB port
3)Try the USB drive in other PC
4)Try some recovery utility to recover the data

Note:If drive is physically damage i think it is not possible to even recover the data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom