Cant encode with Nero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anindya

In the zone
I have 2 avi video files. Sizes r 15.6GB and 19.5 respectively.I encoded them to mpeg2 to make a dvd. In the encoding settings i brought down their sizes to 1.78GB and 2.23GB to fit in one DVD. Now i used Nero 7.9 Trial version to make a DVD by selecting the `Make Your Own Movie` option. After doing everything before burning it said that `Unable To Prepare Data For Recording. Prepare Session Failed. Transcoding Of Video Failed.` When i press the OK button the next dialog box appears and that says `Burn Process Failed.' And it says that a log file has been prepared. Then i even tried to do it with the avi files still i got the same error msgs. Now plz tell me whats the problem. Thanks

OP
Anindya

Anindya

In the zone
No in the add file i added two files at once and then tried to create the dvd coz i wanted to have the 2 videos at one disc.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
why did u went to make movie option? just select Make DVD->DVD Video
then add that 2 files. change setting to automatic fixed on dvd or different that u want. then go next t burn.
In make movie option u can combine multiple videos in one video file

OP
Anindya

Anindya

In the zone
Hey after i added 1st file of 1.7Gb when adding the 2nd file it says that since the file size is big (more than 2GB) use UDF file system as it cannot store in ISO file system. Now?

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
yes u can create in udf also. it does not affect ur video file. ok send me all ur screenshots

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
dear friend the recode will work fine..best of luck and keep fingers crossed ..and yaar that size reduction takes toll sometimes ..otherwise its fun

OP
Anindya

Anindya

In the zone
In trouble guys.. I recoded it then burned in a RW DVD to test it. Found out that the ext is mp4. It was ok in the computer but did not play in a DVD player! That player supports mp4 but when tried to play it showed `Unsupport Format`. Can any of u guys tell me how u people do it ina step - step manner that will be of great help See i also need to edit it for cutting scenes and adding audio tracks. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom