Cant create a network connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Im using windows vista...its really irritating..not in case of gaming though...but in others...like i got the bsnl home 2mbps connection a week back and i still i haven't got to know how to create a new network connection...but surprisingly internet works...it's automatically acquired the ip address and its working.....and for my badluck the bsnl guy has got me a router modem or whatever donno what it is to be called....but i can use my laptop with wifi.....the main problem is that i cant check my usage in www.dataone.in ...i wanna log in but first i need to create a network connection...but when i try create a network connection..it says it cannot create.....help me guys....getting pissed off coze of this...

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
If u r able to access the Internet right away just by plugging the cable in the LAN port then ur Router is internally configured to PPPoE mode, dialing automatically. The error given by Vista is probably due to one of the services being stopped. I too accidentally closed some of my Vista's services after my previous re-format and had turn all ON to remedy the issue. Which service was exactly responsible for this, I haven't tried to find out yet.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
NO! First tell me that whether r u able to connect to the Internet with ur existing setup or not? If not then first we'll have to make changes in the configuration of the router then in the services of Vista. If yes the u can either follow the"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach or can tinker more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom