Cant create a Live CD from the ISO on the Digit DVD :(

socrates

In the zone
The Ubuntu 10.04 ISO file shows up as 699.44MB on the Digit DVD but when I transferred the ISO file of Ubuntu 10.04 from the Digit DVD to my HDD (XP SP3 & NTFS) it shows up as 716,230KB with a result when I try to burn on to a CD. I get an error that the file is too large. I was using a 700MB, 80min CD & it did not work, for the last ver I had used a CD from the same box & it had worked just fine.Whats happening, is there a solution to this?*ubuntuforums.org/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif

pushkar

Journeyman
716230 KB / 1024 KB = 699.4 MB

Since it's less than 700 MB, it should burn fine on a CD. Is it a new blank CD or was some stuff written earlier, which you didn't remember? What burning software are you using? Try using ImgBurn or CDBurnerXP.

OP
socrates

socrates

In the zone
I am using CDBurnerXP & I tried it on more than one cd but still no luck, I had no problems when I burnt a previous ver :(

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

716230 KB / 1024 KB = 699.4 MB

Since it's less than 700 MB, it should burn fine on a CD. Is it a new blank CD or was some stuff written earlier, which you didn't remember? What burning software are you using? Try using ImgBurn or CDBurnerXP.

I did like you mentioned. I was trying with CDBurnerXP then I shifted to IMGBurn & it worked like a dream.
Thanks once again.

Gauravs90

geek........
Use imgBurn

Download ImgBurn 2.5.1.0 - FileHippo.com

I also get these problem when i use nero or any other software but not with imgBurn.

Top Bottom