Cant connect to dataone simulatneously

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayhbp

Broken In
Well i've read the posts through the forums even though my problem is mentioned here and there i cauld not find a concrete solution.

I have a Dlink 502 t router, a netgear switch, and a laptop(xp prof) and a desktop( vista ).
I have connected my routers o/p to the switches i/p and the two lan cables from my pc and my laptop to the netgear switch.
Now i have a DATAONE 500 home connection which is in bridge mode so i connect through dialup.I can connect either the laptop or the Desktop at a time to the net, not simultaneously.
i want simultaneously assess so that i dont have to fight over the connection with my dad.

Guys pls help me out here.

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
if im not wrong..the dlink router is a adsl broadband router..
by the way how many rj45 lan connector are there at the back...
and there should be one for the broadband adsl connection

your laptop dont have wireless?

OP
mayhbp

mayhbp

Broken In
if im not wrong..the dlink router is a adsl broadband router..
by the way how many rj45 lan connector are there at the back...
and there should be one for the broadband adsl connection

your laptop dont have wireless?

well dude i seriously am a noob when it comes to these cable names cat 5,rj11 ,rj 45 cant differentiate head form toe. there is a lan o/p behind the router its glb 502T.

these are the tech specks:
Technical Specifications
Router LAN/Computer Interface RJ-45 10/100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet LAN port USB 1.1 port Routed Packet Type IP packets Routing Protocols & Methods RIP v1/v2 and static routing Dynamic routing DHCP Support DHCP server (for automatic IP assignment) DHCP Client DHCP Relay

Make of it what u can cause its greek to me.

Buying the wireless would be my last resort.

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
i bet this could have come with your dataone connection...
it has one network connector..one adsl connector and one usb port..
oops looks like this router do not support wifi..

DLINK GLB-502T ADSL Router for Home/SOHO With Additional USB Port (LASTEST MODEL)

The GLB-502T is an ADSL Router designed for the small office and home. This router lets you quickly and easily connect to high-speed broadband Internet and share your ADSL line. With a built-in ADSL interface and advanced router functions, this device gives your business and home a convenient and cost-effective way to install a secure, fast network with bottleneck-free link to the outside world.

Features :

High-speed Internet access via one WAN port on the existing phone line, connecting to a group of users via an Ethernet switch ADSL line Internet sharing Built-in ADSL interface with widest range of DSLAM interoperability ADSL (ANSI T1.413 issue 2, G.dmt Annex A, G.lite Annex A) compliant 1 10/100BASE-TX LAN port, 1 USB 1.1 port for connection to a workstation Virtual Private Network (VPN) pass-through support DMZ and Virtual Server Mapping support Web-based configuration

Technical Specifications :

Router LAN/Computer Interface RJ-45 10/100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet LAN port USB 1.1 port Routed Packet Type IP packets Routing Protocols & Methods RIP v1/v2 and static routing Dynamic routing DHCP Support DHCP server (for automatic IP assignment) DHCP Client DHCP Relay ADSL Router GLB-502T , 1 RJ-11 ADSL port, 1 RJ-45 10/100BASE-TX LAN port,1 USB Port USE ON YOUR TRIBAND OF MTNL & DATAONE OF BSNL & ANY ADSL LINE.

well looks like to share with two computers you have to use switch but i dont know if it works as i havent deal with switches in this kind of setup. others in the know might be able to help out

you can just get a better wireless broadband adsl router (modem builtin)..it will be more effective but not light on your savings

OP
mayhbp

mayhbp

Broken In
Well on googling i found people saying that u can connect one pc via usb and the other via lan. I dont see how that solves the problem. if one dial up(ie adsl dial up) is connected how do i connect using the same connection properties, uname and Pass via the other computer.

I whis I knew someone who was CCNA.

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
as far as i know when you share connection..you dont need to "dialup" in the other computer if the dsl connection is established using one computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom