Cant boot in to windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

azzu

AJJU
Iam facing this problem frm last 3 days
iam unable to boot into windows Xp i mean them boot screen appears while its loading and then it automatically restarts it happens every time iam unable to boot in
iam now using UBUNTU live dvd and from that also iam unable to access my C drive (where windows is installed) it says cannot mount volume i also tried Mint live dvd same problem
help me i have sum imp data in c drive to recover
plz help

prateek007391

In the zone
y r u trying to recover XP with Ubuntu or mint linux, try XP live CD

or the better solution is repairing XP

If nothing works use ur disk as slave to other disk whose XP is working fine.

If u have Win 98 disk go directly to cmd and copy using DOS

harpreet115

Broken In
It appears as if your system is infected by a virus.....Try booting into safe mode(press F8 at boot time) and scan the system with a good antivirus and delete all suspicious files.....If it does not work then you will have to format your system....
If you cannot access your C: drive and access all other drives then you can use the Recovery Console through any bootable Windows CD or DVD and you can copy your data from C: drive to any other drive using DOS commands in the Recovery Console........

mayanksahni

Broken In
There might be some device driver problem also. Just try this............
Press F8 during booting and select the option "Disable automatic restart on system failure"
And when it restarts again it might pause at BSOD. Just read that screen and u will find the problem.

shaanaragorn

Right off the assembly line
If you want to force mount four hard-disk in ubuntu, here is the command. Type it in the terminal.
sudo mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sda1 /mnt/mount -o force

where sda1 is my c:
yours may be different

shaanaragorn

Right off the assembly line
If you want to force mount four hard-disk in ubuntu, here is the command. Type it in the terminal.

where sda1 is my c:
yours may be different

prateek007391

In the zone

where sda1 is my c:
yours may be different

may be this azzzzuuu............... something something is not at all intrested in ur words,

He is sleeping since 27

Why r u still suggesting him

may be he has already solved the problem

cmon close down this thread

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
^We are here to help others, anyways the method of forcing to mount will work...this happens due to sudden closing of or restarting Windows OS improperly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom