can't access net when firewall is on

Status
Not open for further replies.

arizhasan

Right off the assembly line
i have been trying to access net when i use zone alarm pro. but there is some problem in my system that does not allows me to connect to any site what soever. i switched to sygate personal firewall pro today to check whether it is the issue with zone alarm, but the problem persists.

i can connect to net effortlessly when i switch the firewall off.

can you guys help me out here, coz i firmly beleive that there is some havoc being played in my system. i have norton system works 2004 installed on a p4 3.0 ghz, 256 mb ddr ram, win xp sp2, 80+20gb hdd, intel 865 original board

gaurav_018

Broken In
if you have a "broadband connection :D " . then i suggest you leave broadcast/multicast feature on. these isp's like to know when your computer is active and when it's not.

check the properties of zone alarm or sygate, to see if the BLOCK TRAFFIC option is checked..
in case it is, uncheck the option.
Also, u shud scan ur system for spywares or adwares, using programs like adaware, spybot, or spyware doctor

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Man Why The Double Posts.....I Just Answered ur Query In The Software Section I Suppose......Its A Port Blocking Problem By Ur Firewall.....Port 80 Has been blocked By Ur firewall I Suppose....Try Manually Configuring The Current Firewall Settings To Open This Port Up :)

geek_god

Broken In
try this as well

as mentioned, unblock port 80.
Also in the firewall settings, make sure the program u use to access the net, say the dial in software used to connect to ur ISP, is allowed access to the internet.
Though all softwares prompt while blocking a program from accessing the net, it is possible that somehow that setting has been changed in ur case.

avinashtatti@gmail.com

Right off the assembly line
TAKE A LOOK AT ZONEALARM HELP FILES , AND DON'T JUST BLINDLY DENY ACCESS TO ALL THE SERVICES, IF THIS DOES NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM DONWLOAD THE ADWARE SE AND RUN IT THIS SHOULD SOLVE THE PROBLEM IF NOT TRY UNINSTALLING ZONEALARM AND LET ZONEALARM AUTOMATICALLY CONFIGURE INTERNET ACCESS TO PROGRAMS RECOMMENDED BY ZONELABS.

KOODOS BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom