Canon Pixma1000 or HP 3745

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohitsz

Broken In
Greetings there,

I need to buy a printer.
please help me choose one of the above.
i need it for home use,taking project print-outs and similar activities.
i am mainly concerned with the black/color ink cartridge/tank prices that of canon/hp and also their quantities.

i am having an hp610c. i tried refilling it(oops!) but now the pores of the ink cartridge have been kinda jammed.. i have tried to make the pores ok by putting hot water on them and cleaning them,but still no success, can't afford the HP original cartridge(maybe i don not have complete info on rates).

kindly help me make my purchase.

thanks,
rohit.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
canon ip 1000 surely. i am using the same and satisfied. very easy installation and no crappy drivers. i had hp before and it was buggy. canon's ink tanks are also cheaper. the only thing is this printer is a bit noisy , and if u can ignore that then its the best entry level inkjet and is sufficient for normal home work.

OP
R

rohitsz

Broken In
Hi there.
i had also decided upon canon,until yesterday.. i got to know that canon's ink-tanks priced@380 are 5ml and give about 120 pages while HP's ink cartridges are though priced@750 are 28ml.

this latest discovery about the ink of both the brands has made me think on the canon purchase.

could you give details on the ink-tank that of canon.

also if anyone is using HP 3745 .. what is the cost of cartridges?(both black/color)

thanks,
rohit.

geffklusner

Right off the assembly line
Saving money on printing starts before you buy your printer.

Once you start looking at certain models, make sure you check the recommended print volume; if you typically print 100 pages a day, you wouldn’t want to buy a printer that's rated for 500 pages a month.
Replacement ink cartridge costs represent a major part of your long-term printing expenses. Expect to pay $10 to $40 for an ink cartridge, and $60 or more for a toner cartridge.

Many cheap laser printers come with starter cartridges that last anywhere from 60 percent to as little as 33 percent as long as a regular cartridge. If you know you'll be printing 100 pages per month, find a printer that comes with a full-size cartridge

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
HP Deskjet 3745 uses HP 27 (Black) and HP 28 (colour) cartridge.

HP 27 costs around Rs.700 whereas the colour costs around Rs. 950.

lucyrssll

Right off the assembly line
HP Deskjet 380 ink

Stinkyink now offer ink cartridges for the HP Deskjet 380 ink. Oh and it's free delivery too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom