cannot work with both and sata hdd at the same time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjstays

Broken In
Hi, I have a... Amd athlon (64) processor 3000+,
Motherboard: ASUS K8v-MX, 1 GB of ram,
HDD: SATA 250 GB/ ATA 40 GB.
Last week my ATA HDD crashed so I had to install a new SATA HDD. i had to remove the ATA hdd and did a fresh reinstallation of WInXP. During the installation of xp I had to press f6 and load the sata drivers for the motherboard.

i had to load the drivers through a floppy drive otherwise an error was coming up stating that no hdd was detected. After the installation I tried to use both the ata and the sata hdd together now an error comes up in the first screen: press F1 to resume NO IDE MASTER WAS DETCTED (please excuse me am not aware of all the terms). If i press F1 then windows boots as usual and I can work on the computer.

I tried the jumper settings on the IDE HDD. Nothing happens. Just want to tell you that the SATA hdd was installed in the master slot. By this time you must have learnt that am a computer idiot.

I had a word with one f the local engineers who said that u cannot work with both the ata and the sata hdd together. I am baffled as I thought I will be able to use the both of them together. So please help!

Thanks in advance! :)

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
I might not give u a solution but please do me a favor:
Kick that ENGINEER's A** as hard as u can!
Because i used a SATA and a PATA (which was used as a data transfer medium for almost 6 months!)

motobuntu

Journeyman
yes, it is very much possible to use your SATA disk with the IDE/PATA.

Does your IDE disk getting detected when ur connecting it without the SATA disk??

OP
S

sjstays

Broken In
ya its gets detected. its loads up fine even wth the sata, but in the first screen where it perfors the POST it says: PRESS F1 TO RESUME.. NO IDE MASTER IS DETECTED!
if i press F1 it loads fine and works as if there is no problem at all. how can i remove that mesaage?

scamper

Broken In
I had a similar prob. It looks like you have an OS on both the drives. After your F! boot do both the drives show in my Comp? You may have to either change the boot sequence from the BIOS or remove on of the OS.

OP
S

sjstays

Broken In
will try to disbale the quick boot option from the nios and let u know about the results. the OS is loaded only on the sata hdd and not on the ide hdd. also i have tried to change the boot sequence from the bios, but strangely, the sata doesnt show up!!! but if i press F12 to change the boot ordr during POST, then the sata will show up! pretty confusing or me!!!

OP
S

sjstays

Broken In
hi guys, i hav good news.. the issue is resolved! it played on my end before the hdd crahed the OS was instaled on the older hdd. i used norton partition magic to delete the existing partition and created a new parttion and also formatted it. everything is working fine now!
i don know whther i diagnosed the problem correctly or not.. but am hapy that everything has ended well..!
thanks guys .. i really appreciate the replies and advices... THANK YOU! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom