Cannot recover hidden folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

manuajith

Broken In
I had to hide one of my folders using a program free folder hider. But after a virus attack i had to format my os drive. Now i cannot access the folder. What should i do? pls help

paroh

Padawan
is Free folder hider encrypts the folder or file?
And wht error u encounter when u try to open the folder or file??

Last edited:

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
When you reinstalled the OS, all settings for the folder hiding software went with it.

Try this out.
Make a copy of the folder and put it inside another folder.
Delete this new folder.
Run Recuva and check if your old hidden files come up in the results.

This is perfectly safe as long as you don't touch your old hidden folder.

OP
M

manuajith

Broken In
ya i have reinstalled the program. but it doesnt show my lost folder in the list of hidden folders so that i can unhide it from there.
i think the program changes the name of the folder so that it is not visible in windows. any software which can display such folders?

ill try using recuva, and let you know the results.

OP
M

manuajith

Broken In
finally found the solution. used a program called advanced system care. it has a utility called disk explorer which shows all folders. it showed the hidden one too. thanks guys for all the replies

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
^^Nice to know that, otherwise u could also have used linux live cd to see that hidden files. I do that only, files hidden in any security software, can be viewed in linux.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
there is a tool called pc inspector just run a check on the effected drive your folder will start showing up there just extract it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom