cannot open usb device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
whenevr i try to open the "verico" USB device of my friend's, i get the "open with.." dialog box. my own transcend device can b opened successfully. can u plz suggest a way out of this???

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Start->run "cmd" type "X:" where x is the drive letter and press enter. type "del autorun.inf" and press enter. Thats it. Now do a complete virus scan.

zorrotech2008

Broken In
Most probably this has happened due to a virus affecting ur drive......but d above method will surely work.....or instead u can click right click on the drive->explore->goto folder options->show hidden files->do not hide system files.now u will find an autorun file in d drive..just dlete it...nd ......try opening it.....it will surely work.....also i wud suggest u format d drive......before further use....:p:p

OP
C

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
ur method didnt work. when i did as dheeraj told, there came the message- cannot find autorun.inf
wat i did was in the "open with" dialog box, i went to C:\Windows\explorer.exe and clicked OK. i cud open the drive. when i enabled showing of hidden files and folders, i cud c autorun.inf. i deleted it. i copied the contents and formatted the disk. now all is well. i have no problems now. thanks for trying to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom