Cannot launch movie or .exe files from my pen drive!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanman1980

Right off the assembly line
hi there and best wishes to all u guys who r going to help me out!!
i have two questions. i recently purchased a kingston 32 gb pen drive....
1. is it possible to directly download bit torrent/ limewire files onto pen drive instead of wasting valuable hard disk space? i tried doing so, and some how even the most popular movie downloading at abt 64kbps would not show more than 0.3% after a few days. plus the amount of free space shown on the pen drive kept on changing....in addition a lot of gibberish files have gotten downloaded and i cant delete them from my pen drive except for a format!!
2. i transfered some movie and setup.exe files to my pen drive. how ever,i tried playing the movie from my pen drive but it would never play. neither would any setup file launch via my pen drive!
I can access and use ms word, excel and powerpoint docs from this pen drive.....but i can access only those powerpoint files which have no embedded multimedia content!! i can view photos as well. but no sound or movie file can be launchd
i have avast! antivirus installed.

these two problems are giving me hell. can someone help me out!!!
thanks in advancE!

mrintech

Technomancer
1. is it possible to directly download bit torrent/ limewire files onto pen drive instead of wasting valuable hard disk space? i tried doing so, and some how even the most popular movie downloading at abt 64kbps would not show more than 0.3% after a few days. plus the amount of free space shown on the pen drive kept on changing....in addition a lot of gibberish files have gotten downloaded and i cant delete them from my pen drive except for a format!!

Pen drive have got write spped slower than that of HD. Why the hell you are downloading to Pen Drive? First download on HD and then copy the files to PEN Drive. I think your pen drive got corrupted due to this. Use cmd (command prompt) to format the drive.
2. i transfered some movie and setup.exe files to my pen drive. how ever,i tried playing the movie from my pen drive but it would never play. neither would any setup file launch via my pen drive!

Corrupted or try the PD in any friends PC
I can access and use ms word, excel and powerpoint docs from this pen drive.....but i can access only those powerpoint files which have no embedded multimedia content!! i can view photos as well. but no sound or movie file can be launchd
i have avast! antivirus installed.

I am damn sure your PD drive got corrupted. Don't download heavy files from the Internet directly into the PD

Let's see what other Digitians have to say 8)

toofan

Technomancer
make a thorough format.
and even you can change it to ntfs.
Then try. if not works. then get replaced.

AniZz89

Windows Media Player turn into Media Player Classic

· I’ve problem on playing video from windows media player. Exmple :
The “windows media player” icon still there (at the video clip), then, 4 minutes later, the icon turn into “media player classic” icon and can’t play anymore. There are no “open with” when I right clicking it.

When I click “open” it’ll open “windows Media Player” but there are no video, audio , etc. In fact, It doesn’t open it either.
Eg: If the video clip’s name is “SuJu”, then the one that open in “windows media player” is “XXX” (the last video clip that had been played before)

Mine is Windows XP. Help me...:sad::cry::cry:

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:

mrintech

Technomancer
Re: Windows Media Player turn into Media Player Classic

· I’ve problem on playing video from windows media player. Exmple :
The “windows media player” icon still there (at the video clip), then, 4 minutes later, the icon turn into “media player classic” icon and can’t play anymore. There are no “open with” when I right clicking it.

When I click “open” it’ll open “windows Media Player” but there are no video, audio , etc. In fact, It doesn’t open it either.
Eg: If the video clip’s name is “SuJu”, then the one that open in “windows media player” is “XXX” (the last video clip that had been played before)

Mine is Windows XP. Help me...:sad::cry::cry:

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Try

* GOM Player: *www.gomlab.com/eng/

* Install K-Lite: *www.free-codecs.com/download/k_lite_Mega_Codec_Pack.htm

OP
S

scanman1980

make a thorough format.
and even you can change it to ntfs.
Then try. if not works. then get replaced.
how do i format it to ntfs? i tried formating it...but i get only the fat 32 option.

Edit: did it....will try if the idea works.thanx toofan is back!

Set up files now launching....but still cant play movies!
I got a message after changing the filesystem saying some changes could not be notified or something like that. what does that mean

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
What is the format of file you are trying to open form pen drive?
some files need other supporting files to run. make a check of this point.

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
1. is it possible to directly download bit torrent/ limewire files onto pen drive instead of wasting valuable hard disk space?
NO. 1:
1.) Download and install utorrent.
2.) Go to "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\utorrent" and copy all the files with the utorrent.exe that you downloaded in a same folder.(c: is your windows drive here.)
3.) This will allow you utorrent portable version
;)

No. 2: if you have proper codec installed, then movies are also playable. Tell your movie type? or for all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom