Can Y510p support 3D (interlaced) while using passive 3d glasses?

praneetsah

Broken In
I recently bought the y510p (i7 variant). It comes with GT 755M GPU which is able to play games at ultra settings. Anyways I downloaded the Crysis 3 and under it's graphic properties I saw 3D option. One option grabbed my attention that was of "Interlaced 3D" ...I choose it and applied, then saw that the game was looking same as the 3D movies look in the theaters (when using passive glasses).

Now I am curious to know that if I will use polarized passive 3D glasses then will it be effective and would I get 3D effects? Has anyone ever tried it out?

PS: Don't say that I need to use Active glasses. I ain't gonna buy a 3D-HDTV :p

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
1.GT 755M can't run games at ultra.
2.Y510p does not support passive 3D glasses.(Personally tried)
3.Y510p does not support active 3D glasses.
4.For 3D to work, a laptop requires a 120Hz screen which the Y510p does not have.

OP
P

praneetsah

Broken In
1.GT 755M can't run games at ultra.

That isn't true! I played Tomb Raider: 2013 at Ultra level and have completed it! I agree that batman and crysis weren't able to run at ultra, using high setting. But atleast TR did worked! Anyways, how have you tried passive 3D glasses, I mean which game/app you used?

and somewhere I read that 120Hz is actually not 120Hz, they generate fake frames. ~Something like this.

- - - Updated - - -

And one more thing, On this page *www.3dvisionlive.com/3dv-html5-detection The hardware check fails and shows me "You have an outdated NVIDIA driver version. Please update your driver to Beta Release 275.27 or above." I checked my driver through GeForce exp, and it shows my GPU driver's updated and running on "GeForce 335.23 Driver".

I feel like that my driver is properly updated, then why does the hardware check fails, and specially stating update problem?
Please refer to the image attached.

*s30.postimg.org/s0lf85ukx/image.png
*s30.postimg.org/s0lf85ukx/image.png

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
When I play on my 42" 3D TV, I sometimes look at laptop screen and I can confirm that it does not support 3D support(This should be obvious by now).

The rest: No idea.

goldsmit409

Broken In
When I play on my 42" 3D TV, I sometimes look at laptop screen and I can confirm that it does not support 3D support(This should be obvious by now).

The rest: No idea.

hey seamon i was wondering the same, i am planning to buy a HD 3D TV will i be able to connect it with y510p and play games in 3d ?? does it work that way?? how is the performance??
any suggestion for a good 40-42" TV?
thnx man

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
hey seamon i was wondering the same, i am planning to buy a HD 3D TV will i be able to connect it with y510p and play games in 3d ?? does it work that way?? how is the performance??
any suggestion for a good 40-42" TV?
thnx man

If you plan on using driver based 3D then cut the FPS you are getting by exactly half.
Crysis 3 supports non-driver based 3D. Here the performance remains same as 2D.
I have Sony w850 but I think it has been discontinued.

goldsmit409

Broken In
If you plan on using driver based 3D then cut the FPS you are getting by exactly half.
Crysis 3 supports non-driver based 3D. Here the performance remains same as 2D.
I have Sony w850 but I think it has been discontinued.

what is driver based 3D ??
i am thinking of normal 3D TV and connect over HDMI
i am new to this

Top Bottom