Can we get a connector so that we can connect normal headphones to SE K 750i?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayritik

Technomancer
I have head phones of good quality which I want to connect to my Sony Ericsson K 750i, but the connector of k750i is different so we cant connect the normal headphones to it. I saw a friend who has SE W550i who has headphones with an additional connector if we remove that connector the headphones can be connected to anyother device. Can we get only this additional connector which converts regular headphones with the type of connector that connect SE models?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
get ny local[dupe] HPM 70[looks like dat] for 150~200. Take its 3.5mm converter part nd use ur earphone with it.

dreams

Gracias Senor
fake ones are readily available in grey market..i hv bought myself 2-3 pieces..sound quality is not bad but lacks bass..it comes around 100.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
The fakes aren't bad for the price.Just insert ur headphone in the 3.5mm socket & u are done.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
dreams said:
fake ones are readily available in grey market..i hv bought myself 2-3 pieces..sound quality is not bad but lacks bass..it comes around 100.
Thats not a problem as he'll be using only the fast port connector part connected to his own headphones.

So goto the grey market and get HPM70 for not more than 200 (that'll ensure that you get the fake one). Fake one is all thats required as you'll only be using the bottom fast port connector.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
infra_red_dude said:
So goto the grey market and get HPM70 for not more than 200 (that'll ensure that you get the fake one). Fake one is all thats required as you'll only be using the bottom fast port connector.
nicely said. i didn't knew da name 'fast port connector'.

@ajayritik
if u use headphones with phone, the phone won't be able to provide enuf amplification to unleash the full power of headphones. So its always better to use earphones/earbuds with music phone unless its an N91.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
What is HPM70? Can you give details? Where can I get this? I have a place in my city where they sell Cellphone and all types of accessories, do you think I should try there? Is HPM70 a brand or type of a connector? Any specific brand that I should look for? Is 3.5MM the length of the connector? I hope you all are suggesting about the connector which has rectangle shape unlike the round one that we get for regular headphones/headsets? Sorry I'm not good in technical terms!

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
It's just the model no of a Sony ericsson headset.U will get it at any mobile/accessory store.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@ajayritik
HPM 70 is da standard earbuds+fast port connector combo that is bundled with all walkman series phones. They have a connector part where u can connect all 3.5mm pins.
3.5mm pins is da standard pin for all headphones, PC speakers etc.[for eg da PC has 3.5mm jacks at back].

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
the 3.5mm is the diameter of the the stereo pin you see on your headphones/earphones/computer speakers. You'll get HPM70 in most Grey markets which sell Cellphones.

Ok, let me illustrate this with pics so that everything is clear.

1) This is the Sony Ericsson HPM-70 Headset:
*img413.imageshack.us/img413/4051/hpm70me4.jpg

The part on the right is the Fast Port connector (which connects to the phone) and the left are the earbuds. The HPM-70 packages includes both of them which are connected together as shown in the next pic.

2) When connected to your phone, it'll look like this:
*ouziel.blogs.com/pierre/images/hpm70.jpg

Here you see that the earbuds and the fast port connector are connected together and then to the phone's fast port.

3) You will need to plug out the earbuds like this:
*picnic.ciao.com/nl/10102534.jpg

4) Then you will need to plug in your own earphones/buds/headphones/speakers etc. to the upper part of the fast port connector like this:
*crave.cnet.com/i/bto/20070615/Stereo_Portable_Handsfree_HPM_83_2_270x249.jpg

The only PRACTICAL difference between an original HPM70 (which cost about Rs.1k) and a fake one (which costs under Rs.200) is the earbud (the top part of the HPM70, shown on the left in the first image). The fake ones haf low quality earbuds.

Since you'll be using your own headphones you will not need the bundled earbuds. For all practical purposes the bottom part of HPM70 (shown on the right in the first image) is almost same whether its original or fake.

The idea is to get a fake one, then remove the earbuds, connect your own headphone the bottom part of hpm70 and then connect the other end of it to the fast port of your phone.

Hope things are clear :)

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Thanks a lot infra_red_dude! That was a real helpful post from you! I was earlier thinking if we can get only the fast port connector without the ear-buds. Anyways as you suggested I may have to go for the fake ones. I really don't know where would I get it. Though I know a market here in our city Hyderabad where they specialize in Cell phone and accessories. But the problem with me is my not good at bargaining and have a fear that someone may sell it to me at a higher cost than it deserves!

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Sometime back when I got my EP 630 earphones, went in search of the HPM-70 and it was not in stock at the SE dealer and obtained a duplicate. (actually the connector part only - ie. minus the earphones for free from a friendly dealer) I found the sound quality horrible and it is probably due to the very poor quality contact points. Further if a call comes through, you better disconnect the cables.

Going to buy a genuine HPM-70 even if second hand.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@ajayritik
dun get fooled if they say its original nd they can give it to u for some 300 or 400. Original wud costa u minumum 800 bucks.
All others are no different from worse.

As coolG5 sugeested, get only if its below 150. [remember, they may see exactly like da original HPM 70 with gud packages]. Still bargain below 150.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Firstly sorry for posting in an old thread which was created by me long time back. Today I checked at one of Mobile store for Sony HPM-70 and they quoted the price for Rs 600. Would this be a genuine thing? How can I find out if its original?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@ajayritik
if its w/o bill, then probably it wud be genuine. Genuine ones has gud finishing and gud sound too.
greymarket one will be packed in plastic pouch and also comes with changeable earbuds[small, medium and large].

Fake one wont cost above 200. I got myself a genuine greymarket one for 550/-. Original one cost around 1k+ wil bill. Greymarket ones will be probably made in china.[i got the black one, though te grey one, they are askin only 400/-. Dun know why as both shud have same price. Maybe they are selling black one in name of 810i's earphones]

And ya, the mic of the fake ones will be horrible. Ull have to shout into it. Genuine ones are very sensitive and can pick up smaller sounds, and less hissss.

Last edited:
OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
What does one mean by grey piece? I have always heard this term but never understood it. The last time I heard about it was that it's kind of smuggled. It's written made in China no doubt about it. When did you buy the grey one and from where? You are right the original costs aroun 1.2k. I found that the packing for the original one was much bigger than this Rs 600. This seems to be more compact in size packing.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
All those items for whom the taxes are not paid and are sold without bill are gray market items.

You will get an original hpm-70 in gray market for as low as rs.340 these dayz.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
I think the tough thing for me to do here is to find out which is a grey one and which is a fake product! infra where are you from dude? Can you tell me the location from where I can purchase a grey product for the least price?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
You can suually test the gray market ones before buying, at least the ones that are original since they don't come in full package and are usually taken off from the box pieces.

Just put in some music with heavy bass and you'll instantly ocme to know if the earbuds are original or fake by listening to the thump with emgabass on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom