Can they do this to FireFox??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohanbee

Padawan
Ive been an ardent fan and supporter of FireFox but there are sites and sometimes pages withn websites that firefox just can't open. Usually there are some plugins which need to be downloaded for some pages to work. This is one of the latest pages i came across while surfing a website. It forces you to change your browser to view the site. This is totally unfair and wether it is illegal or not would like to hear the fourm members comments--

*img155.echo.cx/img155/2834/view3tn.jpg

saROMan

QA Juggler
well bud....some of the Sites are specifically Prepared accordin to IE , But they still can be viewd in other browsers.......

if it was just IE then it wud b Wrong..but they have mentioned netscape also..so guess u wont b able to open it in FF w/out plugins u mentioned.........

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
download the ieview plugin ... it will allow you to open the current page in internet explorer ... so when u come across sch pages just right click ..and "open in inernet explorer"

expertno.1

Technomancer
but opera 8 can easily open all the sites

and its far better than firefox if its banner is removed !

its the world fastest and best browser

so why to use firefox ?

D

Deleted member 5901

expertno.1 said:
but opera 8 can easily open all the sites

and its far better than firefox if its banner is removed !

its the world fastest and best browser

so why to use firefox ?

Hey i agree wth expertno.1 !!!

I am presently using opera 7.50 and i dont feel i require to USE NE other Browser apart for Gmail - which is best viewed on Internet explorer !!!

CHeers!!! :wink: :!:

OP
rohanbee

rohanbee

Padawan
khattam_ said:
Why go far............
Even Yahoo! Mail does this......................

Sorry dude it does not. I open yahoo and plenty other sites in firefox. This is really the first one that i encountered that literally put a full stop to firefox. There are no plug-ins either.

cheetah

In the zone
Het follow this link to get some websites that donot open on firefox...Posted on the diGit Blog...

Anti-Firefox Sites

expertno.1

Technomancer
leave firefox and get opera

opera 9 will have removed all the featres

it will be bassed on independant and internet explorers core

we can swithch between them

so no problwem with gmail

but wait for some time

gmail even can be seen in opera

but why to use IE for gmail ?

we have betetr than thet

yes our thunderbird !!!!!1

godsownman

Padawan
I have tried opera but that banner is quite a pain . I have not tried removing the banner but i think FF is quite good. And doing this to FF is CRIMINAL

godsownman

Padawan
expertno.1 said:
leave firefox and get opera

opera 9 will have removed all the featres

it will be bassed on independant and internet explorers core

we can swithch between them

so no problwem with gmail

but wait for some time

gmail even can be seen in opera

but why to use IE for gmail ?

we have betetr than thet

yes our thunderbird !!!!!1

Yah your point is good but in that case we shall be having more browzers on our HDD .

Yes there are certain sites that dont open but i still thin k we can substitue IE for that.

Anyway any idea when IE7 is releasing. :)

cheetah

In the zone
I will quit using Opera as soon as i find Slogger like extension for opera...Until then i on the FF side in Firefox Opera wars...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom