Do u Read Forums Carefully???

• No,Sometimes I dont

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard this that some softwares can increase the speed of Internet
Is this right
for ex like naviscope,its for speeding the speed of internet using some tricks like blocking ads and all.,so I want to know should i go for it!!!!
What U think????

prasathvishnu

Broken In
-You will see a good increase in speed in browsing, when u use good tool like TweakMaster

Find a very good Internet Speed Tweak Guide here for dialup users.
*www.techsupportalert.com/faster-modems.htm

-But, as far as download speed, there is hardly little improvement.
Download Managers are the best in that.

S

sunnydiv

try artera trail, u will be blown off

i downloaded 5 mb text page in 3 seconds

if that isnt speed on a 64kbps connection, then i dont know what is

tuxfan

Technomancer
Now what has got the poll to do with the topic at discussion here? :roll:

Anyway, the softwares that are supposed to increase speed may be good for slow and new surfers. I mean for those who open only one window/tab at a time. If you are already a seasoned surfer, you will surely open other links in the background while you are reading a page. So you are already doing what the software will eventually do for you i.e. assume which link you will follow and start downloading that page in the background so that it seems faster when you actually click on that link. In my opinion, such softwares are somewhat useless.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
is ther any relation between the topic n the discussion??? :?

well i don believe in those swares anyway.. mayb they work a little in Dial up..

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Me too depends upon firefox tweaks I dont want any softwares coz my phone line craps then. Dap works blazing fast for my dl but then webpages conk off.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
if a modem supports 115 kbps.... how can u expect a software will make that hardware to go over that?? this softwares just actlslike a firewall & blokcs some scrap program to access internet, tweaks ur system a bit and provides that save bandwidth to IE or DAP or what ever u run....

tuxfan

Technomancer
Download managers do speed up download speeds at times through segmented downloading. Here's something I found from the GetRight help

If there are several servers where a file can be downloaded, GetRight can segment the file and download different pieces from different servers at the same time. For some Internet connections, this can dramatically improve the speed of the file download. For example: if your modem can transfer at 6.0k per second, and there are 6 servers for downloading the file, but they each will only send data at 1.0k per second, GetRight can download from all 6 at the same time. So, instead of getting just 1.0k per second, it could get the full 6.0k per second your modem will allow--six times the speed without Segmented downloading. Segmented downloading is most useful if there is one file you really want to get as fast as possible.

To help spread around the server usage, and keep from "annoying" some server administrators, GetRight will not use the same server for downloading more than three segments of the same file. If you do not have alternates for a file, you may do three segments to the same server. If you have alternate addresses (mirrors) for a file for GetRight will allow up to ten segments total (so at least 3 mirrors to do all ten). The file must also be at least 100k in size for Segmented downloading to be available.

NOTE: This is not guaranteed to help improve the speed for all downloads. Your experience will vary depending on many factors, including your modem, your Internet Service Provider, the servers you are downloading from, and Internet traffic in general. But if your download is reaching only a fraction of the speed at which your modem is connected, this can really help.

cheetah

In the zone
I don,t think that softwares like Modem Booster and Network twekaers will be of any use for dialup users like me.

But i totally agree that compression can work.I am downloading Ontrack on my Dialup connection.Hope it will work cool.

Indyan said:
Firstly,yes

1.Onspeed.The best by far.Gave me 500% boost in surfing(only surfing).Technologu used:- All your data is transferred throug it's super fast servers where is is compressed and sent.THe soft recieves it at your end and sends it to your browser.
End result,text files compressed to 1/10th it's size and images to 1/4th or 1/5th depending upon your settings
www.onspeed.com
7day free trial
*www.onspeed.com/download/trial/ONSPEED_download_trial.zip

2.Artera:-It does work.But no where near as good as onspeed,or as sunny has made it out to be.Technology is similar to onspeed.Can not improve d'load speed.

Other similar software(using similar technique) are propel accelerator and proxyconn.

Another software that does have some effect is ascentive active speed

These softwares effect is much lesser on bband,and are primarily meant for dial-up

Also using fast browsers like opera helps(opera is going to include slipstream web accelerator soon).

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Guys..fightin for DAP...GetRight...

My personal fav DL manager gotta b DLExpert... heard of it... it's small(770kb)..free... & it does a great job...

Other's gotta b FlashGet, Free Download Manager, Internet Download Manager

To increase net speeds.. i use broadband *www.divinedivinity.net/smilies/lol.gif

On dialup I did self-adjustment of modem options.. registry changes or whatever help i got frm the net...

But there is always a Modem Booster, Tweakmaster, Accel SpeedTec, FastCache or even Ativa Pro Net Meter to help...

HAPPY SURFIN....

goobimama

 Macboy
just use firefox and feel the speed increase like...like...a fast......thing.

--------------
*www.rollaword.com/firefoxsig.jpg

prasathvishnu

Broken In
OnSPeed is blazing
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I m using dialup. Really Superb
I never expected this much speed in my dialup.
By decreasing image quality, u can get ur pages loaded just like that.
Thank U So much to all. Escpecially to 'Indyan' for pointing out OnSpeed.

-Vishnu-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom