Can Screen Protector be used with touch screen phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Rather a simple question. Can Screen protector be used with touch screen phones? if yes can I know a good quality screen protectors ( brand ).Will the protector have any impact on the touch response of the phone? The phone in question is ASUS P526 & ASUS P750 .

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Rather simple answer: Yes, all screen protectors work well with touch-screen phones/devices; personal experience says that there is absolutely no effect on the response of the device. Go ahead, buy one :)

PS: WTF.. what happened to Shaun the sheep? It transformed into Chaun the cat??!! :))

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Well I don't know much about the performance of 3rd party screen protectors like Scratch Guard, but the screen protector that came by default on my sisters SE G700 wasn't very good. Handwriting recognition didn't work very well with it. The stylus wouldn't glide properly over the display with the screen protector due to the added friction causing the words to break while using handwriting recognition. Apart from that there were no issues.

@ infra what's wid shaun the sheep? hes cute?*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/16large.png

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
The stylus wouldn't glide properly over the display with the screen protector due to the added friction causing the words to break while using handwriting recognition. Apart from that there were no issues.
WTF??!! :confused: Screen protector "increased friction"??!! What kinda screen protector is that??

@ infra what's wid shaun the sheep? hes cute?
Of corz he is.. I was asking what happened to poor Shaun the Sheep which was in Charan's avatar.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
WTF??!! :confused: Screen protector "increased friction"??!! What kinda screen protector is that??

It's the kind that comes with all the phones by default, stuck on at the time of manufacturing. You see since the protector is softer compared to the display, the tip of the stylus digs into the protector which slows down it's gliding speed. Also after some time there are lines all over the protector formed by the digging of the stylus. It is best to use the touch screen without any screen protector.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@Infra_LAAL_dude: thanks for the info .. will buy one, I guess you missed this post :D ;)

@krazzy: The screen protector you are talking abt is just a soft plastic protector.Its purpose is just to keep scratches away while packing the product. What I was talking abt is something like this

nix

i have seen HCL screen protectors for ipod.. they must be available for ipod touch too.. they must be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom