Can PC AV detect mobile viruses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I wanted to know does the antivirus(norton,avast,quickheal etc)software which we install on our pc are capable of detecting viruses in symbian files.I use avast home edition.Plz let me know.

47shailesh

Security Exp
Dude i accidentally discover that PC AV(ANTI VIR) does detects symbian OS virus.. While scanning my PC it detected three of them..

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
Yeah, Avast professional too detected either Commworrior or Skull or Cabir(Dont rembr exactly) in my case n didnt allowed the download to complete!!!

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
AVG 7.5 also detected LOADS of Viruses (like 100s of them on the Memory Stick) when my Cousin put the mem. card in the Lappy.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
47shailesh said:
Dude i accidentally discover that PC AV(ANTI VIR) does detects symbian OS virus.. While scanning my PC it detected three of them..
ya i too found the same

ya it may be that case also.. ok i will tell you.. let me google a bit

Last edited:

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
Yeah.... many PC worms n Virus come to ur MMC frm PC n many of them detected are PC viruses. BTW m sure dat my AV detected mobile virus coz i know many mobile viruses and it was one of them(Whch my AV detected)

swap007

Right off the assembly line
Hey PC AV can detect mobile antivirus on Symbian based devices. I use Symantec AV to scan my mobi. You should try this.

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
But they detect very few of them. Hardly it detected one or two out of my virus collection :D

P.S : I use Avast Professional

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom