Can not make a multi session disc

Status
Not open for further replies.

src2206

In the zone
Hello friends

I am having a horrid time. NERO (ver 6.1.6.15a) can never keep my DATA discs open (no multi session). I used NERO Burning ROM and NERO Express both, but the result is the same. I have chosen the option to keep the disc open every time I tried. I am using NERO 6 Ultra Edition. This problem started to happen suddenly. Earlier I have used the same burner to write multi session discs. I tried to change the media too, but that did not help. I use LITEON DVD Burner (LITE-ON DVDRW SHM-165H6S) and I think the firmwire (ver HS0E) is up to date.

I tried to use CDBurner XP, but it is already having this bug and the developer is yet to find a solution, I asked that in its user forum and got the confirmation.

In the meantime I opened the disc in another PC having a BENQ COMBO CD523C (CD-DVD combo drive- CD ROM/RW but DVD ROM). In it the same disc can be seen as Open Session by both CDBurner XP and NERO (same version as mine)!!! I even wrote some data to check and the writing completed successfully.

I tried to erase one RW cd with NERO and CDBurner XP, but neither sw was successful. Then I could only erase it with ImgBurn. After that it was possible for me to write new data on the RW disc. but again, NERO could not continue this multi-session disc. NERO gave error that the disc is ROM type so can not be written upon. CDBurner XP's "Disc Information" tool showed that the disc is closed. Then I tried NERO Info tool, and found that it is also showing the disc being closed. I tried update NERO 8 to see if that can resolve the issue, but that also did not help. :(

So is it a problem of software or hardware? If it is hardware issue, which new burner should I go for? :confused: :(

Please help me out. :(

Thank you.

naveen_baldwa2001

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

Frist of all Remove the Nero from control pannel.

Restart pc, install nero again with default settings
Take a blank cd and try to burn it with nero.

hope ur problem will solve.

If no then send me a screenshot of problem

by..............

OP
src2206

src2206

In the zone
Hi,

Frist of all Remove the Nero from control pannel.

Restart pc, install nero again with default settings
Take a blank cd and try to burn it with nero.

hope ur problem will solve.

If no then send me a screenshot of problem

by..............

Did it...installed NERO 8 in this way after removing Nero 6 and also used Nero 6 clean up tool. :(

Which Screen shot do you want?

OP
src2206

src2206

In the zone
Ok I found the solution,- accidentally and also after buying a new ASUS Lightscribe DVD RW drive, :(.
The trouble occurred because of the presence of sptd.sys file which comes with virtual drive emulation software like DAEMON tools. Removing this driver solves the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom