Can not copy large files to portable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdsk.23

~ Harshdeep ~
Hello everybody ...

From the few years i am getting annoyed from an issue now finally wants to get solution for it.
Problem is that some times it happens that i am unable to copy the large files like 3Gb file to be get copied into the portable hard disk. What is the reason?? In between the copy process the hdd goes hanged and a message appears in Windows XP that paging not has been done .. something like that. And in Win 7 it says hdd has gone offline. Can anybody tell me why this happens? what is the reason that sometime we even are not able to copy 700Mb movie file to the portable hdd?

If anybody knows the solution please share with me!!

Let me tell you what are my system configuration and what solutions i have tried already!!

System Configuration:
Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 Processor
4 Gb DDR3 Ram
Nvidia 256Mb Graphics Card
Windows 7 OS 64bit home premium edition.

Tried solutions:
In some sites it is said that the partitions should be NTFS, here in this case my both source and destination partitions are NTFS.

2nd solution i have tried in Win XP is the registry key information. Some size increase was done in the paging named file in registry!!

3rd i have tried is the system check. It takes so much time if we check hdd with check for scan with recovery.

None of them has worked. There is some great problem which is stopping it.

Please help. If all are unable to answer then i will pass this question to the Digit Magzine!!

With Regards,
Harshdeep Singh

did u change the portable drive ??

might be h/w prob

if not do this:
-buy another sata interface (160 to 200 rs)
-hook the hdd to the new casing.

i had prob this prob. after changing the interface it never happens again

papul1993

not a newbie.....
did u change the portable drive ??

might be h/w prob

if not do this:
-buy another sata interface (160 to 200 rs)
-hook the hdd to the new casing.

i had prob this prob. after changing the interface it never happens again

yeah most probably hardware problem. try testing another portable drive, if the problem does not occur then change your external drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom