Can not access Google and its websites from WiMax connection

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
does it open google when u connect lan cable direct from bsnl wimax adaptor..
n which box is that zte icomm huawei point . mention it & screenshot of wimax device admin panel status page

Google issue is not always a problem nowadays in WiMax. Also I posted in previous page it's a D-Link Router.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it even shows limited even not protected by password.
Can you please tell me how to know WiFi DHCP settings?

I turned off WiFi password protection. Still the same stupid limited connection error. Then I plugged LAN Cable open 192.168.10.1 for DHCP settings. See!

*i61.tinypic.com/10nuyoh.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

:bump:

funskar

Padawan
Dr. house @ i asked u abt which brand wimax cpe bsnl provided u icomm point huawei zte .. nt abt router..
n screenshot of that wimax admin panel

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Dr. house @ i asked u abt which brand wimax cpe bsnl provided u icomm point huawei zte .. nt abt router..
n screenshot of that wimax admin panel

I have no idea about user name and password to put on *192.168.0.254/

- - - Updated - - -

wimax cpe is on the pole so can't read the brand name

- - - Updated - - -

can you open this router settings page while connected via wifi with laptop?try changing DHCP lease time to 2880.

It doesn't connects with wifi. Running through LAN cable only.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
then that means router dhcp settings are conflicting with your laptop wifi lan settings.you didn't enable any mac filtering option in wifi settings of router,did you?also check that your laptop wifi(not lan/ethernet) adapter ipv4 settings are all set to auto(like ip address,dns etc).

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
then that means router dhcp settings are conflicting with your laptop wifi lan settings.you didn't enable any mac filtering option in wifi settings of router,did you?also check that your laptop wifi(not lan/ethernet) adapter ipv4 settings are all set to auto(like ip address,dns etc).

How to factory reset it? I tried it with clicking back of router with a pin. Nothing worked.

- - - Updated - - -

I just checked my windows 8.1 laptop try to connect wifi to other networks. It shows the same limited access with 0 speed issue. My friend connected his wifi with my router. He browsed for checking mail and it worked flawless like in my android phone. So does that mean it is the issue of wifi broadcom card of my laptop?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Linksys Official Support - Assigning a static IP address to a computer with Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 operating system
in the last picture select obtain ip address & obtain dns automatically.

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Linksys Official Support - Assigning a static IP address to a computer with Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 operating system
in the last picture select obtain ip address & obtain dns automatically.

I did this a long time ago with the help of my technician of BSNL. He said you need to reinstall the windows. Now I did but the problem remains the same. I think it is impossible to fix this error. :(

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
post ipconfig result of laptop when trying to connect to router wifi.also install latest wifi driver for your laptop from laptop manufacturer's site.

funskar

Padawan
I have no idea about user name and password to put on *192.168.0.254/

- - - Updated - - -

wimax cpe is on the pole so can't read the brand name
Show me the admin panel screenshot of wimax ..
reset the dlink router then configure it with nat n dhcp disabled..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^why do you think that has anything to do with his current issue?his android phone,his laptop connected via lan & his friend's laptop connected via wifi all work fine.that means issue is with his laptop only.

[MENTION=145178]Dr. House[/MENTION],try this,follow the link i posted earlier but this time instead of automatic set ip address as 192.168.10.200,gateway as 192.168.10.1,subnet mask default 255.255.255.0 & dns as 8.8.4.4 & 8.8.8.8.

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
^^why do you think that has anything to do with his current issue?his android phone,his laptop connected via lan & his friend's laptop connected via wifi all work fine.that means issue is with his laptop only.

[MENTION=145178]Dr. House[/MENTION],try this,follow the link i posted earlier but this time instead of automatic set ip address as 192.168.10.200,gateway as 192.168.10.1,subnet mask default 255.255.255.0 & dns as 8.8.4.4 & 8.8.8.8.

I did, man. Nothing works. :(

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
only thing left now is to check with another os(xp or win 7) or portable os(live linux assuming wifi drivers for your card are available for linux) to confirm hardware issue.

amjath

Human Spambot
@Dr.House Its a known issue with Windows 8.1 and wireless lan.

MS installs Windows 8.1 LAN drivers automatically, thats the problem here.

First,

Download LAN drivers for Windows 8.1 from HP site

Boot into Safe Mode [Press Shift Button + Click Restart icon]. [To remove drivers completely]

Uninstall LAN drivers.

Boot into Windows 8.1 normally.

Install the downloaded drivers.

IF this is not working try below link.

Fix WiFi Connectivity Issues in Windows 8.1 | Registry Recycler Blog

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Wifi from broadband modem is working perfectly fine. I connected today at my cousin's place and using now.

- - - Updated - - -

So it's an issue of wimax of DLinks.

Top Bottom