Can I overclock my processor...??

koolent

Youngling
Hi my processor is:

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @2.8 GHz Wolfdale

Technology : 45nm

And I need to overclock it.. I am upgrading mu PSU to 430W-500W..

Motherboard : MSI Boston
Cooler : Cooler Master
Cabinet : Stock (Compaq CQ3070IL)

What are the possibilities?

Last edited:
OP
koolent

koolent

Youngling
Well, Doing this for the first time.. How should I do it ? With which sftware? and what is the safe limit of the processing speed ?

Mr.V

Journeyman
Well, Doing this for the first time.. How should I do it ? With which sftware? and what is the safe limit of the processing speed ?

SysTools should do good.
Go upto 3.0 (maximum 3.3 to be on safe side...) Qverclocking too much may result in instability.

doomgiver

Warframe
dont just go straight off to 3 ghz.
increase in small jumps of 10-20 Mhz
after each increase, run a cpu-intensive tasks, like prime or pi calculators for some time (20-30 min), and check if it runs fine or not.

koolent, which psu do you have???

Mr.V

Journeyman
dont just go straight off to 3 ghz.
increase in small jumps of 10-20 Mhz
after each increase, run a cpu-intensive tasks, like prime or pi calculators for some time (20-30 min), and check if it runs fine or not.

koolent, which psu do you have???

He is changing to a 430W i guess...

OP
koolent

koolent

Youngling
But my motherboard.. Does it support overclocking ?

And which clock generator should I use?

Gee.. I overclocked It to A 3.5 GHz using my Air Conditioner for cooling.. :)

OP
koolent

koolent

Youngling
Antivirus problem after Overclocking...

I overclocked my

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.8 GHz to 3.5 GHz Under Air Conditioned atmosphere and the computer was running like a supercomputer.. No overheating or anything..

The problem:

My antivirus (Avast 6) is not working now.. It was working before overclocking it..

Also, when I start my computer, I cannot run many .exe things. Once skype is loaded, then I can run everything fine..

Why is this happening ? How do I correct it ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ its not cause of overclocking. check for missing files using windows build in system check. or it can be cause of some virus that may have got downloaded while you were downloading the overclock tool.

Top Bottom