can i get any problem while playing battlefield 3 on my pc

anuragsinghh

Broken In
hey gamerz
i just wanna know that can i play battlefield 3 multiplayer on my pc with decent settings here is my rig and list of games which i have played on my pc .

INTEL CORE 2 DUO 7500@2.93GHZ
RAM - 4GB DDR3
GPU - ATI RADEON SAPPHIRE HD 6670 1 GB DDR3

FAR CRY 3 - HIGH/ULTRA - 30 TO 50 FPS
TOMB RAIDER - HIGH/ULTRA - 40 TO 50 FPS
DmC - ULTRA - 50 FPS ~
SLEEPING DOGS - ULTRA 40 TO 45 FPS
AND NOW BATTLEFIELD 3 HIGH- 30-40 FPS

i know you all will not believe it but i get such speeds so i just want to know that will i get same speed on battlefield multiplayer or will i have to lower down some settings or i cant even play it ? because i have heard people having more lag and freezing on multiplayer , so please help me out guys .

Nerevarine

Incarnate
yes you will be able to play but at med settings

btw Ultra means playing at 1080p with everything set to MAX and AF and AA at 16x

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
hey gamerz
i just wanna know that can i play battlefield 3 multiplayer on my pc with decent settings here is my rig and list of games which i have played on my pc .

INTEL CORE 2 DUO 7500@2.93GHZ
RAM - 4GB DDR3
GPU - ATI RADEON SAPPHIRE HD 6670 1 GB DDR3

FAR CRY 3 - HIGH/ULTRA - 30 TO 50 FPS
TOMB RAIDER - HIGH/ULTRA - 40 TO 50 FPS
DmC - ULTRA - 50 FPS ~
SLEEPING DOGS - ULTRA 40 TO 45 FPS
AND NOW BATTLEFIELD 3 HIGH- 30-40 FPS

i know you all will not believe it but i get such speeds so i just want to know that will i get same speed on battlefield multiplayer or will i have to lower down some settings or i cant even play it ? because i have heard people having more lag and freezing on multiplayer , so please help me out guys .

yes,we believe it,btw what resolution :chinscratch:

OP
anuragsinghh

anuragsinghh

Broken In
ok so mid - high thanks guys I really appreciate it and one more thing minimum broadband requirement for playing it without lag or stutter?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
BF SP and BF3 MP are different ball games .. for the MP part you need to have a good cpu and c2d E7500 is the weak link here IMO. To enjoy the MP part look for a quad core cpu at-least.

gameranand

Living to Play
ok so mid - high thanks guys I really appreciate it and one more thing minimum broadband requirement for playing it without lag or stutter?

Depends on the servers you want to play. Even for Indian or nearer servers you'll need at least 1 or 2 Mbps connection.
BF SP and BF3 MP are different ball games .. for the MP part you need to have a good cpu and c2d E7500 is the weak link here IMO. To enjoy the MP part look for a quad core cpu at-least.

True that, but I guess Mid settings will be playable don't you think ??

icebags

Technomancer
True that, but I guess Mid settings will be playable don't you think ??

its not about graphics setting in mp, it just too CPU heavy. more players in a map, heavier it gets. add to that, outdoor maps are heavier than indoor maps, due to more moving elements involved in a bigger area.

for ex: my cpu is c2d E8400 oc'ed @ 3.4GHz, and i get occasional min fps of 19-20 from max of ~40 because of the cpu, as the utilization graph never goes down below 100%. i would say, OP should upgrade to some i5 or k series i5 with oc room (if wants to move to bf4 in future, req of which is still unknown), if wants to go on a killing spree peacefully.

if ping is good without any packet loss, 512kbps is fine, i know some ppl who play at 384kbps even. but updates will be pain, sometimes they release 6gb updates (not sure whether they will do it again in future or not) and it takes 2 days every time.

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
its not about graphics setting in mp, it just too CPU heavy. more players in a map, heavier it gets. add to that, outdoor maps are heavier than indoor maps, due to more moving elements involved in a bigger area.

for ex: my cpu is c2d E8400 oc'ed @ 3.4GHz, and i get occasional min fps of 19-20 from max of ~40 because of the cpu, as the utilization graph never goes down below 100%. i would say, OP should upgrade to some i5 or k series i5 with oc room (if wants to move to bf4 in future, req of which is still unknown), if wants to go on a killing spree peacefully.

Oh...OK. Thanks for the information, didn't knew that. :)

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
More important than bandwidth is the ping for multiplayer games, because most MP games transmit UDP packets which are small in size realtime so 512Kbit-1Mbit won't be noticably worse than something much higher.

OP
anuragsinghh

anuragsinghh

Broken In
guys so can I play it on even low settings I can manage tht and I'm getting mtnl's freedom 800 plan from 11pm to 8 am - 2mbps and in remaining time 512kbps and upload speed will be 512kbps so is it enough guys?

Monk

Journeyman
I'm going to hijack this thread, sorry mate.
Guys I'm planning to buy BF3, just worried about the size of updates.
I've seen people complaining about huge updates, since im on 4mbps, 10GB FUP plan, i hope these updates won't be pain in the bum.

OP
anuragsinghh

anuragsinghh

Broken In
I have the game and I have completed the campaign several time but I dont have an internet connection to checkout the multiplayer :(

Top Bottom