Can i delete this infected file: kernel32.dll ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohanbee

Padawan
Can i delete the above file if it is infected. It is located in this place WINNT/SYSTEM. I seem to have a virus called VBS.REDLOF.A. Most of the infected files have been removed by me and the changes that were made to the registry by the virus have also been ammended and my norton av has quaranteened this file kernel32.dll. so what i need to know is this:-

1. Can i safely delete this file?
2. If i cannot can i replace it? If yes then where can i download a clean version of this file?

Thanks in advance for any input on this problem.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
No u cannot delete it, its a system file. U will have to replace it using duering system boot, thats how i did it long ago.
As for getting that file, google it or there may be a i386 folder in WINDOWS directory, open it and search for kernel32.dl_ or something like this, open the file in WinRAR and extract the file, then try replacing it or u can use ur Windows XP CD.
Also wait for more replies

on a similar note, my svchost.exe(i use xp home) has been affected bya trojan, and my NOD32 antivirus says it cant quarantine or heal or delete this thing. i know this file is important to windows, but what can i do about this infection?

can i do the same what shwethanshu said?

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
First .. its not Kernel32.dll .. Its Kernel.dll ..and yes you can infact you should delete that file .. Reboot in safe mode and first delete Kernel.dll from Window Directory and then Search for Folder.htt (enable hidden and system view first) and delete all of them .. Redlof makes yours system very slow .. After deleting Folder.htt your folder view settings will be lost which you can re enable by running Internet Explorer setup again ..

saROMan

QA Juggler
also search for desktop.ini ..and delete all the files except the one..which prompt that its system file are you sure etc.......

OP
rohanbee

rohanbee

Padawan
it_waaznt_me said:
First .. its not Kernel32.dll .. Its Kernel.dll ..and yes you can infact you should delete that file .. Reboot in safe mode and first delete Kernel.dll from Window Directory and then Search for Folder.htt (enable hidden and system view first) and delete all of them .. Redlof makes yours system very slow .. After deleting Folder.htt your folder view settings will be lost which you can re enable by running Internet Explorer setup again ..

No it surely is this file i re-checked in c:\WINNT\system32\kernel32.dll
Now what should i do?? :? I have already deleted all files detected by norton named folder.htt !

OP
rohanbee

rohanbee

Padawan
Ok there is another problem which i am facing now and i want to put in a different post to differentiate it (please im not after post count so Forgive!)
Anyways my norton has been detecting this virus called the trojan.startpage.m and has been putting all these dll files into my quarantine page.

First, should i delete them?
Second how do i get rid of this infection as norton can't manage to clean them...just quietly quarantines?

swatkat

Technomancer
Trojan.StartPage is the About:Blank browser Hijacker. This can not be removed by AntiVirus programs.
Download CleanUp! and install it. Boot in safe mode and run CleanUp! and click "Options", and here move the slider to "Thorough CleanUp!" and click OK to the warning message, and exit from Options. Then click "CleanUp!" to start cleaning of junk files, after cleaning, click "Close" and reboot to Normal Mode, download HijackThis and unzip it to dedicated folder (like C:\HijackThisFolder\hijackthis.exe).
Then run it and click the button Do a System scan and save log file. HijackThis will perform a scan and saves the log file as hijackthis.log in the same folder where it is installed and it also opens the file automatically.
Copy the contents of the log file and post it.

swatkat

Technomancer
I think you got infected by Kriz. It replaces the Kernel32.dll file by it's own infected file. You have to replace the original file.
Do you have the Win2000 CD or Setup files backup? If yes, follow these steps:-
1] Loctae this CAB file--> X:\i386\driver.cab where X:\ is your CD drive letter. Then use any compresseion tool such as WinZip or WinRAR to open the driver.cab file.
2] Here locate the file kernel32.dll and extract it.
3] Then place the extracted file inside this folder --> Y:\winnt\System32\ where Y:\ is the drive where Win2000 is installed (like C:\ drive).

OP
rohanbee

rohanbee

Padawan
After cleaning up my windows. Here is the hijackthis file as you wanted. Please inform what to do now !!

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:16:13 PM, on 5/17/2005
Platform: Windows 2000 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\NAV\defwatch.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\hidserv.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\cba\pds.exe
C:\Program Files\NAV\rtvscan.exe
C:\Program Files\SSC\NSCTOP.EXE
C:\WINNT\system32\IoctlSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Quarantine\Server\qserver.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\stisvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MsgSys.EXE
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\mspmspsv.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\ams_ii\hndlrsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\ams_ii\iao.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\cba\xfr.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\rohan\Desktop\SP4Express_EN.exe
e:\a98be2dce84199fc2e6cb8d650605ebc\update\update.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = *searchmiracle.com/sp.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = *searchmiracle.com/sp.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = *searchmiracle.com/sp.php
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = *www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = *www.pcquest.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = *www.pcquest.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by PCQuest
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,AutoConfigURL = 192.168.1.1
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 192.168.1.1:8080
O2 - BHO: &EliteBar - {28CAEFF3-0F18-4036-B504-51D73BD81ABC} - C:\WINNT\EliteToolBar\EliteToolBar version 60.dll
O2 - BHO: &EliteSideBar - {ED103D9F-3070-4580-AB1E-E5C179C1AE41} - C:\WINNT\EliteSideBar\EliteSideBar 08.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &EliteBar - {825CF5BD-8862-4430-B771-0C15C5CA8DEF} - C:\WINNT\EliteToolBar\EliteToolBar version 60.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Net-It Launcher] C:\WINNT\System32\NILaunch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OmniPage] C:\Program Files\Caere\OmniPagePro80\opware32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hppwrsav] C:\SCANJET\PrecisionScanLT\hppwrsav.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\NAV\vptray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TSE_PLUtil] C:\Program Files\USB 2.0 Flash Drive Utility\PLBkMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PLFFAP] C:\WINNT\System32\HotfixQ0306270.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows TaskAd] C:\Program Files\Windows TaskAd\WinTaskAd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [checkrun] C:\winnt\system32\eliteays32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [atiupdpl] C:\WINNT\System32\atiupdpl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [atiupdpl] C:\WINNT\System32\atiupdpl.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [atiupdpl] C:\WINNT\System32\atiupdpl.exe
O4 - Startup: Lotus Organizer EasyClip.lnk = C:\lotus\organize\easyclip.exe
O4 - Startup: Lotus QuickStart.lnk = C:\lotus\wordpro\ltsstart.exe
O4 - Startup: Lotus SmartSuite Release 9 Registration.lnk = C:\lotus\register\remind32.exe
O4 - Startup: Lotus SuiteStart.lnk = C:\lotus\smartctr\suitest.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=*www.pcquest.com
O20 - Winlogon Notify: NavLogon - C:\WINNT\System32\NavLogon.dll
O23 - Service: DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\NAV\defwatch.exe
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: Intel Alert Handler - Intel Corporation - C:\WINNT\system32\ams_ii\hndlrsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel Alert Originator - Intel Corporation - C:\WINNT\system32\ams_ii\iao.exe
O23 - Service: Intel File Transfer - Intel Corporation - C:\WINNT\system32\cba\xfr.exe
O23 - Service: Intel PDS - Intel Corporation - C:\WINNT\system32\cba\pds.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Server - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\NAV\rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec System Center Discovery Service (NSCTOP) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\SSC\NSCTOP.EXE
O23 - Service: PLFlash DeviceIoControl Service - Prolific Technology Inc. - C:\WINNT\system32\IoctlSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Central Quarantine (qserver) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\Quarantine\Server\qserver.exe

OP
rohanbee

rohanbee

Padawan
swatkat said:
I think you got infected by Kriz. It replaces the Kernel32.dll file by it's own infected file. You have to replace the original file.
Do you have the Win2000 CD or Setup files backup? If yes, follow these steps:-
1] Loctae this CAB file--> X:\i386\driver.cab where X:\ is your CD drive letter. Then use any compresseion tool such as WinZip or WinRAR to open the driver.cab file.
2] Here locate the file kernel32.dll and extract it.
3] Then place the extracted file inside this folder --> Y:\winnt\System32\ where Y:\ is the drive where Win2000 is installed (like C:\ drive).

Ok now here is a funny thing. My Norton av corporate edt. has put this file in quarantine and when i go the folder c:\winnt\system32.dll and scan this file individuvally for virus it says it is clean. But in the real time scans it is saying it is corrupted by vbs.redlof.a???
What is happening??
When as you mentioned i unzipped and found a fresh kernel32.dll file which is around 732k and the corrupted one is around 716k. Now i should replace the older one with the fresh unzipped one in normal windows mode.
Awaiting your comments. Thanks!!

swatkat

Technomancer
1] Download these tools:-
CWShredder
SpSeHjFix

2] Create a folder called SpFix on Desktop, and extract the SpSeFix.ZIP file contents to that folder.
Go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, and here uninstall Wind Updates.

3] Boot in safe mode.
Run HijackThis, and put a checkmark against these entries:-

O2 - BHO: &EliteBar - {28CAEFF3-0F18-4036-B504-51D73BD81ABC} - C:\WINNT\EliteToolBar\EliteToolBar version 60.dll
O2 - BHO: &EliteSideBar - {ED103D9F-3070-4580-AB1E-E5C179C1AE41} - C:\WINNT\EliteSideBar\EliteSideBar 08.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &EliteBar - {825CF5BD-8862-4430-B771-0C15C5CA8DEF} - C:\WINNT\EliteToolBar\EliteToolBar version 60.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows TaskAd] C:\Program Files\Windows TaskAd\WinTaskAd.exe
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm

Then close all other open programs except HijackThis, and click "Fix Checked".

Exit from HijackThis, and delete this file:-
C:\winnt\system32\eliteays32.exe

Delete these Folders ( and also the files which may exist inside these folders ):-
C:\WINNT\EliteToolBar
C:\Program Files\Windows TaskAd

4] Run SpSeHjFix.exe and click "Start Disinfection". When it's finished it will reboot your machine to finish the cleaning process. The tool creates a log of the fix which will appear in the folder that SpSeHjfix is located in.
Now run CWShredder and click on the "Fix" button.

5] Post a fresh HijackThis log and also the log the SpSeHjFix created.
Please keep in mind that, Startpage.m is not removed now. You have to follow above steps and post a new HijackThis log to remove the About:Blank Hijacker.

Do you know what is this file/folder --> e:\a98be2dce84199fc2e6cb8d650605ebc\update\update.exe , have you downloaded any updates from Microsoft or any other software?

swatkat

Technomancer
rohanbee said:
Ok now here is a funny thing. My Norton av corporate edt. has put this file in quarantine and when i go the folder c:\winnt\system32.dll and scan this file individuvally for virus it says it is clean. But in the real time scans it is saying it is corrupted by vbs.redlof.a???
What is happening??
When as you mentioned i unzipped and found a fresh kernel32.dll file which is around 732k and the corrupted one is around 716k. Now i should replace the older one with the fresh unzipped one in normal windows mode.
Awaiting your comments. Thanks!!
Hi, forgot to mention it. You have to do it in Command Prompt mode. Copy the fresh kernel32.dll file to some other folder (like C:\kernel32.dll). Then restart your PC, and press F8 to get the boot menu, here choose "Command Prompt mode" and then copy the fresh kernel32.dll and paste it in System32 folder. Before doing this create a backup of current kernel32.dll file ("infected") using WinZip or any other compression tool.

Example:- Type this command at Command Prompt, if your fresh file is stored in C:\ drive.
copy C:\kernel32.dll C:\Winnt\System32\ and press ENTER.

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
Boot your system using the Norton Rescue disk which you created during NAV or Systemworks setup.
Scan the entire system for viruses and deleate all the infected files by doing this you be able to delete
all infected windows system files which are memory resident and cannot be deleted under windows.
After doing this reboot your system and now boot with your windows cd and use the repair option when setup detects your windows installation and prompts for repairing the previous installation.
After setup completes boot with your hdd and now your problem should be solved without loosing any files and settings.

OP
rohanbee

rohanbee

Padawan
Ok here is the file after doing what you said in your post

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:44:45 PM, on 5/18/2005
Platform: Windows 2000 SP2 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\NAV\defwatch.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\hidserv.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\cba\pds.exe
C:\Program Files\NAV\rtvscan.exe
C:\Program Files\SSC\NSCTOP.EXE
C:\WINNT\system32\IoctlSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Quarantine\Server\qserver.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MsgSys.EXE

C:\WINNT\system32\stisvc.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\mspmspsv.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\ams_ii\hndlrsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\ams_ii\iao.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\cba\xfr.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINNT\System32\NILaunch.exe
C:\Program Files\Caere\OmniPagePro80\opware32.exe
C:\SCANJET\PrecisionScanLT\hppwrsav.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NAV\vptray.exe
C:\Program Files\USB 2.0 Flash Drive Utility\PLBkMon.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\HotfixQ0306270.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\atiupdpl.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
C:\lotus\register\remind32.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = *searchmiracle.com/sp.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = *searchmiracle.com/sp.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = www.google.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = *www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = *www.pcquest.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = *searchmiracle.com/sp.php
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = www.google.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = *www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = *www.pcquest.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by PCQuest
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,AutoConfigURL = 192.168.1.1
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 192.168.1.1:8080
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Net-It Launcher] C:\WINNT\System32\NILaunch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OmniPage] C:\Program Files\Caere\OmniPagePro80\opware32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hppwrsav] C:\SCANJET\PrecisionScanLT\hppwrsav.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\NAV\vptray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TSE_PLUtil] C:\Program Files\USB 2.0 Flash Drive Utility\PLBkMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PLFFAP] C:\WINNT\System32\HotfixQ0306270.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [atiupdpl] C:\WINNT\system32\atiupdpl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [atiupdpl] C:\WINNT\system32\atiupdpl.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [atiupdpl] C:\WINNT\system32\atiupdpl.exe
O4 - Startup: Lotus Organizer EasyClip.lnk = C:\lotus\organize\easyclip.exe
O4 - Startup: Lotus QuickStart.lnk = C:\lotus\wordpro\ltsstart.exe
O4 - Startup: Lotus SmartSuite Release 9 Registration.lnk = C:\lotus\register\remind32.exe
O4 - Startup: Lotus SuiteStart.lnk = C:\lotus\smartctr\suitest.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=*www.pcquest.com
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - *go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=36467&clcid=0x409
O20 - Winlogon Notify: NavLogon - C:\WINNT\System32\NavLogon.dll
O23 - Service: DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\NAV\defwatch.exe
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: Intel Alert Handler - Intel Corporation - C:\WINNT\system32\ams_ii\hndlrsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel Alert Originator - Intel Corporation - C:\WINNT\system32\ams_ii\iao.exe
O23 - Service: Intel File Transfer - Intel Corporation - C:\WINNT\system32\cba\xfr.exe
O23 - Service: Intel PDS - Intel Corporation - C:\WINNT\system32\cba\pds.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Server - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\NAV\rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec System Center Discovery Service (NSCTOP) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\SSC\NSCTOP.EXE
O23 - Service: PLFlash DeviceIoControl Service - Prolific Technology Inc. - C:\WINNT\system32\IoctlSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Central Quarantine (qserver) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\Quarantine\Server\qserver.exe

OP
rohanbee

rohanbee

Padawan
Here is the logfile of SpSeHjFix that my computer created:-

(5/18/05 12:32:42 PM) SPSeHjFix started v1.1.2
(5/18/05 12:32:42 PM) OS: Win2000 Service Pack 2 (5.0.2195)
(5/18/05 12:32:42 PM) Language: english
(5/18/05 12:32:42 PM) Win-Path: C:\WINNT
(5/18/05 12:32:42 PM) System-Path: C:\WINNT\system32
(5/18/05 12:32:42 PM) Temp-Path: C:\DOCUME~1\rohan\LOCALS~1\Temp\
(5/18/05 12:32:48 PM) Disinfection started
(5/18/05 12:32:48 PM) Bad-Dll(IEP): (not found)
(5/18/05 12:32:48 PM) Bad-Dll(IEP) in BHO: (not found)
(5/18/05 12:32:48 PM) UBF: 4 - UBB: 0 - UBR: 11
(5/18/05 12:32:48 PM) UBF: 4 - UBB: 0 - UBR: 11
(5/18/05 12:32:48 PM) Bad IE-pages: (none)
(5/18/05 12:32:48 PM) Stealth-String not found
(5/18/05 12:32:48 PM) Not infected->END

OP
rohanbee

rohanbee

Padawan
Firstly thanks swatkat for being so patient and helpful. Secondly i installed microsoft anti-spyware beta version and it did take out some threats and am posting those details as well....

swatkat said:
Go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, and here uninstall Wind Updates.
I could not find these that you mentioned??

swatkat said:
3] Boot in safe mode.
Run HijackThis, and put a checkmark against these entries:-

Then close all other open programs except HijackThis, and click "Fix Checked".
Did this some entries where missing as i informed above that i used microsoft anti-spyware beta edition.
swatkat said:
Exit from HijackThis, and delete this file:-
C:\winnt\system32\eliteays32.exe
Yes i deleted this file. But there is another file called elitefaw32.exe created on the same day. Do i delete this as well??

swatkat said:
Delete these Folders ( and also the files which may exist inside these folders ):-
C:\WINNT\EliteToolBar
C:\Program Files\Windows TaskAd
There is another folder in C:\WINNT\EliteSideBar what should i do with this??

swatkat said:
4] Run SpSeHjFix.exe and click "Start Disinfection". When it's finished it will reboot your machine to finish the cleaning process. The tool creates a log of the fix which will appear in the folder that SpSeHjfix is located in.
Now run CWShredder and click on the "Fix" button.
Firstly computer did not re-boot on its own so i did it. Cwshredder came out clean.

swatkat said:
5] Post a fresh HijackThis log and also the log the SpSeHjFix created.
Please keep in mind that, Startpage.m is not removed now. You have to follow above steps and post a new HijackThis log to remove the About:Blank Hijacker.

Do you know what is this file/folder --> e:\a98be2dce84199fc2e6cb8d650605ebc\update\update.exe , have you downloaded any updates from Micros
oft or any other software?

Yes i downloaded some security patch and windows 2000 service pack 2 also and installed it..

OP
rohanbee

rohanbee

Padawan
Spyware Scan Details
Start Date: 5/18/2005 11:12:36 AM
End Date: 5/18/2005 11:17:00 AM
Total Time: 4 mins 24 secs

Detected Threats

WindUpdates Browser Plug-in more information...
Details: WindUpdates downloads additional adware and displays pop-up advertising.
Severe threat - Severe-risk items have an extreme potential for harm, such as a security exploit, and should be removed.

Infected files detected
c:\winnt\system32\ide21201.vxd

SearchMiracle.EliteBar Browser Plug-in more information...
Details: SearchMiracle.EliteBar adds a search redirection toolbar to Internet Explorer called Elite Bar.
High threat - High-risk items have a large potential for harm, such as loss of computer control, and should be removed unless knowingly installed.

Infected files detected
C:\protas.exe
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\casino & carrers\online gaming.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\casino & carrers\poker.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\casino & carrers\roulette.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\casino & carrers\slot machines.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\casino & carrers\sport betting.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\casino & carrers\sportsbooks.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\finances & business\advertising.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\finances & business\asset protection.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\finances & business\bad credit.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\finances & business\bankruptcy.url
c:\winnt\protector.exe
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\finances & business\business opportunity.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\finances & business\business.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\finances & business\cash advance.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\finances & business\credit reports.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\finances & business\credit.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\finances & business\debt consolidation.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\finances & business\debt relief.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\finances & business\e commerce.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\finances & business\home mortgages.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\finances & business\human resources.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\casino & carrers\baccarat.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\finances & business\insurance.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\finances & business\loans.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\finances & business\marketing.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\finances & business\project management.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\finances & business\refinance.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\finances & business\small business.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\finances & business\work at home.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\health & insurance\adipex.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\health & insurance\auto insurance.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\health & insurance\business insurance.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\casino & carrers\betting.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\health & insurance\dental insurance.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\health & insurance\diet pills.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\health & insurance\hair loss.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\health & insurance\health insurance.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\health & insurance\home insurance.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\health & insurance\insurance.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\health & insurance\life insurance.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\health & insurance\nutrition.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\health & insurance\penis enlargement.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\health & insurance\phentermine.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\casino & carrers\bingo.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\health & insurance\prozac.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\health & insurance\quit smoking.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\health & insurance\term life insurance.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\health & insurance\travel insurance.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\health & insurance\valtrex.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\health & insurance\viagra.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\health & insurance\weight loss.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\health & insurance\xenical.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\homelife & travel\adventure travel.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\homelife & travel\air conditioning.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\casino & carrers\blackjack.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\homelife & travel\air purifiers.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\homelife & travel\air travel.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\homelife & travel\blinds.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\homelife & travel\celebrity cruises.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\homelife & travel\cheap hotels.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\homelife & travel\hawaii travel.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\homelife & travel\home equity loans.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\homelife & travel\home mortgages.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\homelife & travel\international travel.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\homelife & travel\las vegas hotels.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\casino & carrers\horse racing.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\homelife & travel\lighting.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\homelife & travel\mattress.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\homelife & travel\moving.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\homelife & travel\refinance.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\homelife & travel\relocation.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\homelife & travel\travel agents.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\homelife & travel\travel insurance.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\homelife & travel\travel.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\casino & carrers\online betting.url
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\casino & carrers\online casinos.url

Infected folders detected
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\casino & carrers
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\finances & business
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\health & insurance
c:\documents and settings\rohan\favorites\homelife & travel

Infected registry keys/values detected
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{0A1D22C3-37BE-470C-9C29-E3074EE0574B}
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{825CF5BD-8862-4430-B771-0C15C5CA8DEF} &EliteBar
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteSideBar maxshow 6
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteSideBar
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteSideBar Activated 1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar AccountNumber visaid
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar uninstalled no
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar _show 1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar FirstTimeStarted 1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar SearchIndex 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar AutoComplete 1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar ac1 adult
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{BE8D0059-D24D-4919-B76F-99F4A2203647}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar adult.tbr 9
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar popupblocker no
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar popups no
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar pthreshold 5
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar default.tbr 9
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar search.mnu 9
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar version 60
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar path C:\WINNT\EliteToolBar\
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar UpdateDate 18050500
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar UpdateAttempt 18050510
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{BE8D0059-D24D-4919-B76F-99F4A2203647}\InprocServer32 C:\WINNT\EliteSideBar\EliteSideBar 08.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar guid fb8754c6-04a3-4ffe-bb08-aa431a0ba3fe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar dnsc yes
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar searchkeys |*www.yupsearch.com/search.php
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar purl *yupsearch.com/link.php?k=
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar keywordlist C:\WINNT\EliteToolBar\elitelist
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar kwver 2
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar errorreport yes
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar excluded google.com,yahoo.com,searchmiracle.com
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar axparam &msbb=&protector_tool=1
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{BE8D0059-D24D-4919-B76F-99F4A2203647}\InprocServer32 ThreadingModel Apartment
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar city Mohali
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar state 16
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar country India
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteToolBar Activated 1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar {825CF5BD-8862-4430-B771-0C15C5CA8DEF}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{28CAEFF3-0F18-4036-B504-51D73BD81ABC}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{28CAEFF3-0F18-4036-B504-51D73BD81ABC}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{ED103D9F-3070-4580-AB1E-E5C179C1AE41}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{ED103D9F-3070-4580-AB1E-E5C179C1AE41}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run checkrun
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{BE8D0059-D24D-4919-B76F-99F4A2203647}\MiscStatus\1 131473
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\EliteBar Internet Explorer Toolbar
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\EliteBar Internet Explorer Toolbar UninstallString regsvr32 /s /u "C:\WINNT\EliteToolBar\EliteToolBar version 60.dll"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\EliteBar Internet Explorer Toolbar DisplayName EliteBar Internet Explorer Toolbar
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\EliteBar Internet Explorer Toolbar DisplayIcon "C:\WINNT\EliteToolBar\EliteToolBar version 60.dll", 1
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{BE8D0059-D24D-4919-B76F-99F4A2203647}\MiscStatus 0
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{BE8D0059-D24D-4919-B76F-99F4A2203647}\ProgID CGBand.CGBandObj.1
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{BE8D0059-D24D-4919-B76F-99F4A2203647}\TypeLib {8AA59E15-6E81-415C-B299-1ADFB50C8E1A}
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{BE8D0059-D24D-4919-B76F-99F4A2203647}\Version 1.0
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{BE8D0059-D24D-4919-B76F-99F4A2203647}\VersionIndependentProgID CGBand.CGBandObj
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{0A1D22C3-37BE-470C-9C29-E3074EE0574B}\InprocServer32 C:\WINNT\EliteSideBar\EliteSideBar 08.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{BE8D0059-D24D-4919-B76F-99F4A2203647} Elite SideBar
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{ED103D9F-3070-4580-AB1E-E5C179C1AE41}
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{ED103D9F-3070-4580-AB1E-E5C179C1AE41}\InprocServer32 ThreadingModel Apartment
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{ED103D9F-3070-4580-AB1E-E5C179C1AE41}\InprocServer32 C:\WINNT\EliteSideBar\EliteSideBar 08.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{ED103D9F-3070-4580-AB1E-E5C179C1AE41}\Instance\InitPropertyBag 0
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{ED103D9F-3070-4580-AB1E-E5C179C1AE41}\MiscStatus\1 131473
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{ED103D9F-3070-4580-AB1E-E5C179C1AE41}\MiscStatus 0
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{ED103D9F-3070-4580-AB1E-E5C179C1AE41} &EliteSideBar
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LQ
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LQ TM 10
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{28CAEFF3-0F18-4036-B504-51D73BD81ABC}
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LQ U 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LQ AD 5
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LQ AC 1250
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LQ I {FBF210DE-5709-4CF5-B85A-4A124DCADF2B}
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LQ AT 86400
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LQ AM 6
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LQ TR 86400
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LQ leck trump
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LQ country India
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LQ city Mohali
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{28CAEFF3-0F18-4036-B504-51D73BD81ABC}\InprocServer32 C:\WINNT\EliteToolBar\EliteToolBar version 60.dll
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LQ state 16
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LQ RX 1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LQ RX2.8 1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LQ RX2.9 1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LQ RX3.0 1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LQ RX3.1 1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LQ RX3.2 1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LQ RX3.3 1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LQ FU3.4 1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LQ FU3.5 1
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{28CAEFF3-0F18-4036-B504-51D73BD81ABC}\InprocServer32 ThreadingModel Apartment
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LQ FU3.6 1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LQ LU3.7 1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{28CAEFF3-0F18-4036-B504-51D73BD81ABC}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{28CAEFF3-0F18-4036-B504-51D73BD81ABC}\InprocServer32 C:\WINNT\EliteToolBar\EliteToolBar version 60.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{28CAEFF3-0F18-4036-B504-51D73BD81ABC}\InprocServer32 ThreadingModel Apartment
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{28CAEFF3-0F18-4036-B504-51D73BD81ABC} &EliteBar
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{825CF5BD-8862-4430-B771-0C15C5CA8DEF}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{825CF5BD-8862-4430-B771-0C15C5CA8DEF}\InprocServer32 C:\WINNT\EliteToolBar\EliteToolBar version 60.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{825CF5BD-8862-4430-B771-0C15C5CA8DEF}\InprocServer32 ThreadingModel Apartment
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{825CF5BD-8862-4430-B771-0C15C5CA8DEF} &EliteBar
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{28CAEFF3-0F18-4036-B504-51D73BD81ABC} &EliteBar
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar AccountNumber visaid
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar uninstalled no
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar _show 1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar FirstTimeStarted 1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar SearchIndex 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar AutoComplete 1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar ac1 adult
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar adult.tbr 9
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar popupblocker no
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{825CF5BD-8862-4430-B771-0C15C5CA8DEF}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar popups no
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar pthreshold 5
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar default.tbr 9
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar search.mnu 9
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar version 60
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar path C:\WINNT\EliteToolBar\
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar UpdateDate 18050500
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar UpdateAttempt 18050510
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar guid fb8754c6-04a3-4ffe-bb08-aa431a0ba3fe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar dnsc yes
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{825CF5BD-8862-4430-B771-0C15C5CA8DEF}\InprocServer32 C:\WINNT\EliteToolBar\EliteToolBar version 60.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar searchkeys |*www.yupsearch.com/search.php
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar purl *yupsearch.com/link.php?k=
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar keywordlist C:\WINNT\EliteToolBar\elitelist
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar kwver 2
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar errorreport yes
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar excluded google.com,yahoo.com,searchmiracle.com
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar axparam &msbb=&protector_tool=1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar city Mohali
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar state 16
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{825CF5BD-8862-4430-B771-0C15C5CA8DEF}\InprocServer32 ThreadingModel Apartment
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar country India
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elitum\EliteToolBar Activated 1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteSideBar UpdateDate 17050500
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteSideBar FirstTimeStarted 1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteSideBar version 08
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteSideBar path C:\WINNT\EliteSideBar\
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteSideBar UpdateAttempt 18050511
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteSideBar excluded google.com,yahoo.com,searchmiracle.com
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elitum\EliteSideBar url *yupsearch.com/sb.php?qq=

Windows TaskAd Adware more information...
Details: Windows TaskAd is advertisement delivery software that provides targeted advertising offers.
High threat - High-risk items have a large potential for harm, such as loss of computer control, and should be removed unless knowingly installed.

Infected files detected
C:\Program Files\Windows TaskAd\WinTaskAd.exe
c:\program files\windows taskad\info.txt
c:\program files\windows taskad\winproject.dll
c:\program files\windows taskad\winsched.exe

Infected folders detected
c:\program files\windows taskad

Infected registry keys/values detected
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Windows TaskAd

Detected Spyware Cookies
No spyware cookies were found during this scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom