Can i buy a set top box from black market ?

mrsam1999

Broken In
I have 3 tvs and only have 1 stb. when analog signal gets stopped, i will be watching only one tv. Now i got the stb my local cablewala provided. when it starts, it shows on the tv screen a certain frequency is being accessed. Now my question is, if i can get hold of some black market stb and put it on my other tvs (the same cable line being splitted with a 1 to 3 line splitter) and set the same frequency, will it work ?

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
I have 3 tvs and only have 1 stb. when analog signal gets stopped, i will be watching only one tv. Now i got the stb my local cablewala provided. when it starts, it shows on the tv screen a certain frequency is being accessed. Now my question is, if i can get hold of some black market stb and put it on my other tvs (the same cable line being splitted with a 1 to 3 line splitter) and set the same frequency, will it work ?

Nope, and that's the actual reason why this rule has been implemented.

vizkid2005

In the zone
The main reason for the rule that cable wallahs were losing revenue because people were buying splitters and running multiple tvs on a single line.
Even if u somehow manage to get a STB from somewhere, you won't be able to get the card that identifies each user and STB uniquely.. Without that card you STB is of no use... That card you can only get from your local cable wallah...

Flake

Linux User
Cable operator in our area is giving Rs. 120 rebate on second connection. We are paying 220 + 100 monthly for two SetTop Boxes.

Flash

Lost in speed
If you buy a set top box from black market, you will get a black screen blackmailing "Buy another set top box, else we will broadcast you like 'The Truman Show', with our In-built-micro-web-cam".

Top Bottom