Can Dataone be shared securely? n how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NagpurDaMunda

In the zone
hi all pls answer me,
Can Dataone be shared securely? n how?

i have to 2 computers n one BB connection .. can it be used simutaeneously without any hacking between 2 pcs ?? If yes then how ??? pls specify

i mean i want a split up of 50-50 bandwitdh .

and also if one pc is of then also internet should work on other pc and vise versa ..

if this is possible pls do tell me .......

Last edited:

h_kunte

Journeyman
@Nagpurdamunda

Hey...This type of bandwidth sharing is very much possible. All you need is some sort of a switch. Although I dont remember the exact name, its available for about 400-500 Rs. And I dont think the TYPE of the ADSL modem matters much, coz I have seen such bandwidth sharing, using the regular Huawei MX882 modem which most of the Dataone users have.

If you still have any queries, Nagpurdamunda, call me up as u always do & I will find out & let u know the exact switch that is required...;)

As for the other hassles, such bandwidth sharing is absolutely legal, since u ar NOT drawing any extra bandwidth & are sharing the one for which u have paid...

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
phatratt said:
how do u recgonise modem as type 1,2,3,4??pls throw some light on this.
modems are classified acc to no of ports
Type I
Ethernet-1
Wi-Fi- not PResent
USB-1

Type II
Ethernet-1
Wi-Fi-1
USB-0

Type III
Ethernet-4
Wi-Fi-0
USB-0

Type IV
Ethernet-4
Wi-Fi-1
USB-0

for further details click here
h_kunte said:
@Nagpurdamunda

Hey...This type of bandwidth sharing is very much possible. All you need is some sort of a switch. Although I dont remember the exact name, its available for about 400-500 Rs. And I dont think the TYPE of the ADSL modem matters much, coz I have seen such bandwidth sharing, using the regular Huawei MX882 modem which most of the Dataone users have.

If you still have any queries, Nagpurdamunda, call me up as u always do & I will find out & let u know the exact switch that is required...;)

As for the other hassles, such bandwidth sharing is absolutely legal, since u ar NOT drawing any extra bandwidth & are sharing the one for which u have paid...

yes,
sharing doesnot depend upon type of modem but if ur modem has multiple ports u don't need to buy and additional hardwares.thus saves cost.that is why i asked for type of modem.the switch u are talking about is called a hub

it connects directly to phone line and then divides the connection in multiple parts with equal brandwith.if u need it look here .alternately u can connect one computer in Ethernet port & other in usb port as u have a type-I modem.i hadn't tried this trick out.see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom