Camera recommendation :)

arian29

In the zone
Please recommend a good camera for around 22000 or less :). Hows the Nikon 1 J4 or the Sony HX 50V/60V. Couldnt find the Olympus PEN series anywhere on the net.. flipkart snapdeal etc..

Last edited:
Sony HX60V is the best, if you need a bit compact camera for 20k. I recently suggested my dad to buy it n he's happy with the purchase.

Its only competitor is Panasonic TZ60, but its not available in India

Panasonic DMC-TZ60 vs Sony DSC-HX50V - Our Analysis

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Please fill the following before asking any query related to buying digital camera.

It'll help our member to respond better and quick.

What's your budget?

Camera type?
DSLR or Point and Shoot

Body Style?
Compact or Bridge (bulky)

How much zoom do you want/expect?

Do you care for manual exposure controls?

What will you be shooting with this camera?

Will you be shooting mostly indoors/low light and/or action/sports?

Video?

Do you have any particular model(s) in your mind?

Any brand preference? Like/dislike

From where will you be buying?
Online/Local store

Any other features you need?
Viewfinder, Image stabilization, Continuous drive/burst mode, Wifi, External flash, mic jack, HDMI, Remote, GPS, Articulated screen, Weatherproof, Extra frills like Panorama, HDR etc, battery type...

Anything else you would like to tell us?

OP
A

arian29

In the zone
Info Info Info :)

What's your budget? 22000

Camera type? P&S

Body Style? Prefer Compact

How much zoom do you want/expect? Not a main criteria

Do you care for manual exposure controls? Would be good to have.

What will you be shooting with this camera? People... Kids etc.. for family trips :)

Will you be shooting mostly indoors/low light and/or action/sports? Mostly Outdoors

Video? Optional

Do you have any particular model(s) in your mind? Preferring the Micro 4/3 or similar cos of its good sensor.

Any brand preference? Any

From where will you be buying? Online preferred

Any other features you need? The more the better.. hehe :)

Anything else you would like to tell us? Main criteria would be picture quality as i would be taking out prints..

sujoyp

Grand Master
do you really feel nikon J4 is compact ...cause its not pocketable ..but if its ok for you then I will go for that
Other P&S you mentioned are just superzooms ...what I feel is there is really no need of zoom if you are not shooting birds...5x optical zoom seems enough for everything else.

OP
A

arian29

In the zone
Hey sujoy.. how are you.. hows your photography going :).
I would personally prefer the Olympus PEN (E-P3 or E-PM3) series... but somehow its not available anywhere.. :( not even with olympus distributors at Palika (they have the OMD though..)
Also hows the Panasonic GF range..

- - - Updated - - -

Ok.. Am down to two cameras.. Pls suggest the Nikon P7800 or Nikon 1 J4..

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
Arian...I am fine...photography is not going great..but trying to start again :)

Wow I liked Nikon P7800 with 7x zoom f2-4 lens ....its small and no tension of fungus ...and as I am using S90 with same 1/1.7" sensor I think its great for day to day shots ...but if you need all those creative background blurring then I wont give u enough.

- - - Updated - - -

if interested in used- WTS Olympus PEN E-P3 camera, VF-3 viewfinder and accessories

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Nikon 1 series won't be compact when you slap one of your Nikkor lenses. Do you see a point in having both Nikon DSLR and CSC? Sujoy too was thinking about getting 1 series but end up buying advanced compact. Take time and decide.

RX100 is not far away from your budget. See if you like it. After seeing S110's (amazon dot com) price, 22k for 1/1.7" sensor camera seems too expensive.

OP
A

arian29

In the zone
RX100 at around 27K+ is a bit out of my budget... Thinking about the 7800.. Where are the 4/3rds.. Panasonic Olympus etc.. none seem to be available..
My main requirement is quality as ill be taking out medium size prints... :)

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, depends on source price differs. Ebay sells for 25k and paytm has cashback offer but with some conditions.

I haven't seen many Panasonic M43 in Indian market. The one that are available always way too expensive.

And Oly haven't announced any Pen mini in 2+ yrs.

OP
A

arian29

In the zone
Ok.. so if keeping the size factor aside.. out of these 3 what would you recommend ?
Nikon 1 J4 OR Sony RX100 OR Nikon P7800

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Ok.. so if keeping the size factor aside.. out of these 3 what would you recommend ?
Nikon 1 J4 OR Sony RX100 OR Nikon P7800
You're better judge here...

You have D3100, right? If yes, I don't know what kinda versatility or advantage you would get from Nikon 1 series which you don't get from D3100. I wouldn't have two different system, but that just me. You take time and decide.

Between RX100 and P7800
You emphasized on "picture quality", so RX100 handsdown. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't consider P7800, if your priorities justifies it, you can very well opt for P7800.
RX100 has faster lens, but P7800 have better focal range.
Though P7800's VF is not good, it has it. Something is better than nothing, right? And it also have hot shoe, better screen.
P7800's slow performance should be a deal breaker.

Look close on what you can't get from P7800 first, if you think you can live with that, go for it.

OP
A

arian29

In the zone
Hmm.. Guess ill get the RX100.. will contact ebay seller to conform if it is original box packed with all accessories. Long time back i had ordered the L110 but when i got it the accessories were face.. some other data cable and fake strap.. So am a bit uncertain about ebay sellers. btw i have the D7000 ;)

sujoyp

Grand Master
you already have D3100 ?? then seriously drop Nikon J4 from the list ...

If compact is the reason you want a cam then get RX100 ...its pic quality is still the best ...and video quality superb

P7800 I suggested compared to J4 ...I would prefer RX100 anyday

----------------------------------------------------------------

just read your update :) u have D7000 ..then u r in same situation as I was last month ...get RX100 :D

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Congrats. So we can expect some photographs this weekend ;)

You never had D3100 or upgraded to D7000? :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
wow soo many guys with RX100...Now I would suggest posting name of cam when posting pics on photography thread ..

Top Bottom