nikhilpai

Techans
Need to buy a camera phone for wife.
Budget Rs.8k

Currently considering the following:
Nokia 5130 XM
Nokia 5220 XM
Nokia 7310
Nokia 7510 Supernova (is this available?)
Nokia 6300 (not too keen since its a old model & has poor battery life)

I think the 5220 has the best camera out of these especially in low light.

Any inputs?

Tamoghno

Padawan
If good camera is your priority then you may consider N72 . Otherwise all other 2mp nokia cams sucks.

If you want good camera then try to get se's 2mp cams with autofocus like k550i , w610i . Also by slightly strectching your budget you may get very good 3.2mp se cams like k790i .

acewin

Point Blanc
duh, buy from XM series or 3MPx Supernova series.
5130XM is lil better than 5220XM, even though priced less, check for few more 3MPx camera phones. saying if u r looking good camera features.
otherwise 5130XM no doubts.

k4ce

Youngling
k810 is a good fone but its too old ...cmon ... if camera is ur priority , go for it ... else buy the 5220xm ... how bout the 3600 slide ... think its around 9k ...

OP
N

nikhilpai

Techans
I would prefer Nokia because it becomes easier to use a common charger considering I also have a Nokia.

I think the 5220 seems to have a decent camera, even works well in low light thanks to its so called "NIPS" technology for low light photography. Its not as good as the K790i for sure but seems workable.

Anyone who has used the 5130 can comment on its low light performance?

Tamoghno

Padawan
I would prefer Nokia because it becomes easier to use a common charger considering I also have a Nokia.

I think the 5220 seems to have a decent camera, even works well in low light thanks to its so called "NIPS" technology for low light photography. Its not as good as the K790i for sure but seems workable.

Anyone who has used the 5130 can comment on its low light performance?

Basically all nokias 2mp cams from offer same quality , ie , they all sucks , except n70/72 which offer autofocus and better lense. Though its quite old , but if good cam is your main concern , then you should also check it out.

I dont have access to 5220 so cant compare with that but 5130 takes marginally better pics than 5230 i think . So i think 5130 will take better pics thans 5220 . But since both camera lacks flash , dont expect good low light photos.

OP
N

nikhilpai

Techans
Basically all nokias 2mp cams from offer same quality , ie , they all sucks , except n70/72 which offer autofocus and better lense. Though its quite old , but if good cam is your main concern , then you should also check it out.

I dont have access to 5220 so cant compare with that but 5130 takes marginally better pics than 5230 i think . So i think 5130 will take better pics thans 5220 . But since both camera lacks flash , dont expect good low light photos.

My previous phone before my current 5800 was the N70. So I agree with you that it had an amazing camera.

But she would prefer something more sleeker and something more newer than the N70/N72.

By the way is the N72 still available in the market?

sujoyp

Grand Master
noo man n70 and n72 dont look good in girls hand and also they are old..

If u only want nokia then...5220 xm or supernova (coz it support flash and look girly)

Shadowfax2009

Wandering around
Samsung star @ 9k (Touchscreen/ good 3.2M camera)....My vote

No Nokia Phones are currently oh! looking. (Except very high ends)

Shadowfax2009

Wandering around
Samsung star @ 9k (Touchscreen/ good 3.2M camera)....My vote

No Nokia Phones are currently oh! looking. (Except very high ends)

OP
N

nikhilpai

Techans
Thanks everyone. Finally bought the Nokia 5130 for my wife.
In the store, I noticed that the camera takes an annoyingly long time to save the photo captured, so I was a little hesitant. But then the phone I got came with the latest firmware v6.93 which has apparently resolved this problem and the photo gets saved in a couple of seconds at most :)

billyboybad

Broken In
Thanks everyone. Finally bought the Nokia 5130 for my wife.
In the store, I noticed that the camera takes an annoyingly long time to save the photo captured, so I was a little hesitant. But then the phone I got came with the latest firmware v6.93 which has apparently resolved this problem and the photo gets saved in a couple of seconds at most :)

for how much ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom