Camcorder info

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumban

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I am in the USA and am going to buy a camcorder. The camcorder is a hard disk based DCR-SR200.

*www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=11039255

However it conforms to the NTSC system in use in the USA (not the PAL in use in India. So my question is whether it can be used back home in India with the TV.? I have a 7 yr old normal Samsung TV at home. Will it support the NTSC system or is it tat Indian TV's only use PAL? Do You recommend buying the Camcorder here ?(It is available much more cheaply here......)

TIA

VideoEditingIndia

www.VideoEditingIndia.com
If you are my friend, definitely I would like to say you a big 'NO'

But yes, you can buy it. And will your DVD Player support NTSC? Even if your Samsung TV doesn't support NTSC, you can convert NTSC to PAL.

And yes, PAL(720*576@625/50Hz/25Fps) is better than NTSC(720*486@575/60Hz/29.97Fps) and you need to sacrifice some quality while conversion.

And I hope the camera captures video in MPEG2 format, which is a delivery format. So you can't expect professional quality from it.

But for Home use, its not advised. But for Traveling, it's ok (But not good). How much you are going to spend for this camera?

I suggest you this link: *labnol.blogspot.com/2006/10/camcorder-buying-guide-decide-between.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom