Calling all Pune Techies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

avi_avadhut

Broken In
ok let me ask free question then...
mickey and amit - what you think what should be the price??

you quote it openly as if you are going to buy..

mickey - i send you Exchange Enterprice to you..
take good notes as you have to tell me many things...

Ablenwill

Broken In
Hey @ mickey can I get that virtual pc setup please can you let me know when can I. My bike will come by this saturday really honda people are pathetic. Any way if planning any get together let me know ok.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Dunno man something near 30k me thinks dunno man dont take my word for it.

Thanks man I thought that Exchange was Std edition. Man I can still count on u.

Ablenwill watch this thread for updates man whenever every1 has free time I will propose a date and time mostly sundays so no probs for most of the ppl so wait till Engg exams r over.

avi_avadhut

Broken In
well correct me if i am wrong at the prices as i dont know about indian prices

6600GT - 8,000 - new box packed
XP90c - 3,500 - new box packed
Zalman VFU7000 - 2,500 - new box packed
Lanboy similar cabi - 7,500 - new with temp and fan control box packed
2.4c+ Asus p4800de - 9,000 - board is brand new box packed
2 GB DDR400 MHz - 7,500 - i hope ram is not so cheap..
16x Dual DVD-RW - 5,500 - its of Mitsubishi boss...
Creative 4.1 cambrige 2,000 - wanna throw it.......
Samsung 17" CRT - 3,000 - sweet old price
microsoft 5 bt Mouse - 1,000 - its lying here with me...
120 + 80 GB - 5,000 - 80GB is brand new

total - 54 K -

so tell me even after taking second hand prices (some new) this is the total - so how much should i ask for ??????????

guys let me know about these prices.. can you find something cheap than this plz let me know as i have to adjust and plan something else..

I am also planning to sell my Honda Unicorn - used for 4 months and idle for 6 months (my bro is using it hardly once in 15 days) servicing @ every month and always used Speed 93 and Extra premimum as a petrol.
how much should i quote ? dont worry i wont make any addition to it like my system so no extra cost... let me know if anybody is intrested...

devianthulk

Broken In
@Avi

In case u dont mind selling individual parts ...... pls contact me.
Btw i'm interested in buying the RAm.... but prob is
I'm in need of 1 stick of 1 GB DDR400 MHZ only.
Regarding the gfx card..... one of my friends would b interested.
Btw 6600GT .... which brand.... onboard ram.... is it agp?

avi_avadhut

Broken In
its a 5 button scrol wheel mouse from Microsoft.
lol 6600GT cant be onboard. its an AGP card. brand - Geforce
but you wont get any warranty as i have lost my slip which content warranty for 6600GT and my 250GB USB HDD.

about memory i do have 512 x 4 = 2GB.
i dont want to sell parts of it as i will be in india for max 2-3 weeks so better to sale entire system but if i can give you 1GB so my system will have only 1GB which is enough i think (not for me) then price will be also less may be i will find someone.

as i am adding Asus p4800delux so i cannot give only 6600GT.
guys nobody is telling if i am overpricing???
forget about purchase but what about price??
how much should i lower down(plz dont tell me 30k) so i can sale it.

help me.............................

sagar_mutha

Broken In
Frankly speaking avi,what i feel is if someone wants to shell out 54k for a rig he most definitely wouldn't go for a P4 2.4.Dont think many would be too interested with the XP90c too.Yes,it is good for overclocking but mid-range buyers wouldn't need it...You easily get a 16x Dual Sony/BENQ DVD-RW here for 2.2-2.4k so consider reducing that price too a bit...dont think the Mitsubishi brand would make much of a difference to many...
Have you already bought the Lanboy cabinet?If you havent i would advice against it coz it would also be hard to sell off...
Also,i feel you will have to sell off individual parts if want to get rid of your entire rig...finding someone to buy your complete rig is going to be very hard...

djmykey

Let the music play.....
I second sagar's post coz loads of ppl r not into this much of detail and nobody wants to use that high end products most of da ppl r kaam chalao. Man I bet man ur gonna have a helluva time selling it man. The only person I can think of who can give u a potential customer is Darky no one else mark my words avi.

avi_avadhut

Broken In
well i havent purchased the cabinet yet but i liked it too much so i was plannig to get it for me.

sagar - this was new for me that you can purchase 16x Dual layer sony DVD RW for 2.2 - man plz go and check for the price again. single layer will be in 2.2 but dual layer must cost 4k plus.
if i remove cabinet then it goes to 46K ok so let me drop till 40K.
what you think is it OK price now.....
anyway even if u by new proc it is max 2.8 and 3.0 range only.
check out new 775 socket proc they have extra cache but speed is only 2.8 or 3.0 something. and try to buy 2.4 / 2.8c - yes "c" series, very difficult to find. Intels only best series our of a,b,c,d,e.

and anyway with xp90c my 2.4c will easily clock till 3.0

mickey - do u think darky will help me inthis regard..

devianthulk

Broken In
@Avi
lol 6600GT cant be onboard. its an AGP card. brand - Geforce
Of course..... 6600 gt cant b onboard.... I meant whether is it PCI-Express
or AGP?
N regarding the brand..... its quite obvious its Geforce :) I actually meant
whether is it a AOpen, XFX,BIG,3d force.... etc etc?

As far as ur pricing goes.....
Rs. 5500 for 16x Dual DVD-RW is a little on the higher side. Try bringing it down to 4.4k.

avi_avadhut

Broken In
dear you can purchase cards from Geforce itself.
Nvidia Geforce cards are avaliable for purchase in tokyo.

so let me revise the final config as i forgot to add Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card which i already purchased here for my rig.

so here is new revised cost. -

6600GT - 8,000 - new box packed - 7000
XP90c - 3,500 - new box packed - 3000
Zalman VFU7000 - 2,500 - new box packed - 2000
cabi - lanboy - delete hhhahah
2.4c+ Asus p4800de - 9,000 - board is brand new box packed - 8000
2 GB DDR400 MHz - 7,500 - i hope ram is not so cheap.. - 7000
16x Dual DVD-RW - 5,500 - its of Mitsubishi boss... - 4000
Creative 4.1 cambrige 2,000 - wanna throw it....... - 1500
Samsung 17" CRT - 3,000 - sweet old price - 2500
microsoft 5 bt Mouse - 1,000 - its lying here with me... - 500
120 + 80 GB - 5,000 - 80GB is brand new - 4500
Creative Audigy 2 ZS - brand new - 4500 - 3500

total - 42,500 - so final price is 40K no more low down or i will keep it just like that as i am not getting even 50% i have spent on it.

mickey and sagar - what you think how is the new price ????

djmykey

Let the music play.....
This is my opinion.

1. Dood since most of the part r bought in Japan so warranty = nil for indian buyers.

2. Since your machine is 2.4c so ur gonna have a helluva time selling it.

3. Nobody I'll say nobody will buy that machin, cmon man I mean a second hand machine in 40k tell me abt it.

4. Avi u did B.Com. na did ya hear abt the term called depriciation, dood ur selling second hand at first hand rates forget the warranty, what do u have on ur mind.

sagar_mutha

Broken In
Avi,if you had 40k to buy a new machine would you go for a P4 2.4?I guess no!So,most obviously your best bet would be to sell out individual parts...
So you can sell your 2.4c+Asus mobo+512/1GB RAM Creative 4.1+120/80GB HDD+Mouse+17" CRT together and the rest as individual parts...This way you will have a better chance and we can help you out to find customers...
Also you will find many buyers for Creative Audigy 2 ZS,XP90c,Zalman VFU7000 on Techenclave...
About the DVD-RW Dual it was a typo...a friend got a BENQ 1640 from Mumbai for 3k and Sony DVD-RW Dual is available for 3.3k in Pimpri...
Now,it is up to you to decide what has to be done wit ur machine...

avi_avadhut

Broken In
mickey i am giving second hand rates only.
i know dep concept so i am giving my proc @ only 3k, 120GB hdd@2k and 2GB ram @7k.
i just want good price for my stuff which is new.......

sagar - i think you are right... i should sell cpu+mobo+ram+hdd - one normal machine and xp90c, creative2zs, zalmanVF9000 can give me more price than i will get for entire system - lol...

abhishekkulkarni

Journeyman
Back Again.........

Hello guys , how are all of you doing ? It's nice to see a lot of new ppl around here .

BTW I was going through the previous posts , and saw you guys discussing a Meet .

Now here are my thoughts ( Please excuse me if it seems like I'm " flaming " a bit , but then the Truth is the Truth ) about these " So Called " Meets -

1 . The last Meet was a disaster . :evil:

2 . All those guys who were supposed to come for the Meet ( Excluding Mikey , Mustang and Myself ) never turned up . :twisted:

3 . It was then apparent to me that a Meet is just a front and an excuse to go to each other's place with your HDDs and set out on a " Copying Frenzy " . :twisted:

4 . This was totally irresponsible behaviour , since those guys were aware that Me , Mikey & Mustang were waiting for them for almost 2 Hours on the road-side . :evil:

5 . Arranging a Meet & discussing it over tons of posts is easy as compared to actually attending it .

6 . So , the Moral of the story is that a bit of introspection & maturity is required to be applied before another Meet is arranged . :(

7 . Other wise , the unsuspecting and un-aware New Guys will be confused as to whether this is a " Pune Techies Group " or a " Pune Data Transfer Group " . :twisted:

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Abhi doood welcome back man.

Ok abhi lemme clear off some doubts. It was due to Avi's sudden departure and somewhat the rains too that the meet was a disaster or else late or what all the members do turn up except deviant :p coz he only tells us at the last moment that hes busy. Ok data transfer yes i totally agree wit u it was a frenzy in the middle and yess ppl were crazy abt data (1 of them was me too :lol: ) But since avi's machine is na and no others place is that good as avis place so we might not be going to any1s place in particular for a data transfer thingy. so abhi dont worry. And yes this time some real h/w demos will b there for us man am i waiting for it. And ppl 4get the data meet ppl u get something more than data u can take my word for it.

avi_avadhut

Broken In
Thx miceky for reply and abhi let me explain more about this and let me take responsibility of the same.

Yes we do data transfer and all but that was requirement of all members. While data transfer is going on we use to discuss on many things like current hardware, any new software, about market, movies, songs and many off topic things. We wanted to make one group but not only for technology but a group of those people who come together for technology first and then they have their private matter too.

you just wait for 2 hours and saying like this man we have spent 2-3 hours every meet ( sometime from 11 till 2 on the same stupid bench) for waiting for others and nobody is employee of the company called "Pune techie" so they must come...

This is self interest driven group so whoever wants to come can come and join and about careless people, well you cant do anything to them.. They are the one who are in loss.
Because of this group i got good friends like Mickey, sagar but with them other just remain members so it’s all up to you, your attitude that’s only thing i will say. ( I am not pointing anybody)

Nobody is rocket Scientist and can demo something to other every time.
It is a group where techie (in real life 18-25 age ppl who wants to be techie) can come together and share something they can.

Even the demo i am going to give about XP-90c installation, Zalman VF7000f installation and overclocking of 2.4c and 6600GT - i have done it only once so i am also not master. i just want to do all this in front of everybody just for sharing knowledge. now if people come to get 250GB dvd rips i have then its their fault and i cant do anything.

well finally i will say that you are smart enough then you can be one of mickey or sagar to first become base for this group and then find some more good members who can really contribute about technology, shops in pune, events in pune.

my concept behind this group is knowledge sharing as everybody will be good in one or other field so he can share some with others.
If interested then plz join otherwise everybody is free........

Ablenwill

Broken In
Hey Guys relax I know I m new to group but dont want this group break before I know everyone and become not just a member regarding Abhi anger even I would had reacted same but then ask yourself it didnt happened same when u all planned a trip or meet in your school or collage days so forget the past and look towards new start... Wish the next meet do happens and a successful one too. @mickey can you meet me on saturday or sunday I will be coming to pimpri this saturday if possible let me know as I want to start my practice for MCSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom