call to all website designing gurus

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
friends hope most of u saw this site..
*labs.microsoft.com/en/us/

thats the real cool website..
i want some ideas about how they made it..
how do they made it possible.. any tips about the design is too much invied

tuxfan

Technomancer
Are you talking about the colour-combo and the visuals or the layout?

This layout can be achieved using CSS. Have you ever designed web-pages?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i think he is talking abt the latest releases, highlights thing (mouse over) ..... this is a menu that can be created using javascript and also there are many free menu creating softwares available for downloads

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
its a very basic site .... but then againbeauty lies in the eyes of the beholder

tuxfan

Technomancer
If he is talking about mouse-over, its very easy to achieve it. ;)

Below is the CSS code for specifying what happens when mouse is moved over a link. Play around with CSS and there are lot of effects that you can add.

Code:
a:hover
{
  background-image: url(image.jpg);
}

PS:
Why is everyone entering into a discussion about whether the site is good or not? Fella is asking about how to achieve those looks. Can we not restrict the discussion to that??

mediator

Technomancer
tuxfan said:
Why is everyone entering into a discussion about whether the site is good or not? Fella is asking about how to achieve those looks. Can we not restrict the discussion to that??
I didn't see that. Sorry!

Neways I dunno much about how to make beautiful websites. But @the.kaushik, can use dreamweaver and other tools available to make beautiful websites. Css, nice backgrounds, fonts, javascripts etc and a little innovation can help u make beautiful websites!
You can also vist the beautiful sites, see the source code and get enlightened!

tuxfan

Technomancer
IMO, WYSIWYG editors are best avoided. :rolleyes: It doesn't matter whether its the costly dreamweaver or the free NVu. I prefer to code the pages myself :cool: Of course, if you use the code editing window of dreamweaver, its totally a different a ball game.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
coding pages urself ..... u need to know the codes for that!!! and i actually prefer the dreamweaver 2 window style which shows u the code and the output .... but if ur new to designing then front page coupled with dreamweaver 4 is for u

mediator

Technomancer
YEa I also like to code, but I do the designing part with dreamweaver where it has got all the color codes, frame formats etc!

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Regular site...
Seems u didn't see the real beauty of css...

Try the links here: [FONT=Sans-serif,Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]The Web Developer's Handbook[/FONT]*www.layoutcookbook.com/index.php

Last edited:

tuxfan

Technomancer
mediator said:
YEa I also like to code, but I do the designing part with dreamweaver where it has got all the color codes, frame formats etc!

:shock: You use frames!!! People now-a-days have started avoiding even tables! And you are still using frames!! Update your knowledge mate! Frames are the last thing that you should use to layout a web-page :(

tuxfan

Technomancer
People use CSS and <div> ;) Have a look at *www.deitydarshan.com. I have *not* used tables for laying out pages. Of course, if there is some tabular data, then use of tables is recommended. But tables should not be used for laying out pages. Additionally, if its some very simple things, then use tables. You have to select the right thing for a given situation.

Using nested tables bloat your pages. Using CSS and <div> makes them smaller and easier to maintain. What code you will see in the above site is what PHP generated. Actual code is far shorter and compact. :) Header, footer, navigation, etc. are all genrated with php functions.

Have a look following links:

*www.hotdesign.com/seybold/
*www.dmag.org.uk/resources/design_articles/cssvtablesforlayout.asp
*www.andybudd.com/archives/2004/05/an_objective_look_at_table_based_vs_css_based_design/
*www.htmlite.com/SD008.php

Google will throw up many more links. I searched for "tables vs css" which gave me these links.

mediator

Technomancer
tuxfan said:
:shock: You use frames!!! People now-a-days have started avoiding even tables! And you are still using frames!! Update your knowledge mate! Frames are the last thing that you should use to layout a web-page :(
:D , I only code the main part, don't design much. I know about CSS and div, but never actually implemented them. I'll see to it when I'll have the time to improve mah html skills!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom