Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Q:I guess there are alternate endings this time? (if u kill or capture Menendez)
Yeah. Killing Menendez will save Woods. And capturing Menendez won't save Woods (as he'd kill him) and ultimately Menendez will commit suicide. But I liked the latter one better

But 9.5 to a junk game? Lol.

tkin

Back to school!!
Finally Completed this game...
-------------------------------
What a fantastic game...
The Story is good (at least better than any other COD titles before).
Graphics is mind blowing...everything textures,sky,smoke,lighting,flares,halogen lights,character detailing,water etc
The Level design is awesome...I really liked the Afghanistan level with those Horses :)wub: never seen such beautifully designed in any other game..seriously u have to look at them their eyes,the skin shining also while riding looks real to me)
The Facial Expression is much much better & improved than previous titles...
Some new weapons Animal traps and Customize Weapon Loading.
and most interesting is the ending with a Rock Concert from all of the team (Harper,Menendez etc)
Now I would definitely play COD:BO3 if its there in future ;)
My Score: 9.5/10

Q:I guess there are alternate endings this time? (if u kill or capture Menendez)
Best ending guide which I discovered after three playthoughs:
No need to kill menendez to save woods, if, playing as woods, you shoot Alex Mason's legs instead of his heads(two shots needed, both for the legs), then at ending Alex Mason is alive and he gets his reunion with his son at Wood's place, menendez is in jail and he can't do a $hit as karma(she must live, see guide below) completely foils menendezes virus and appears at a talkshow in tv.

So do these:
In alex mason/woods level, find CIA document in Menendez's House(in drug room area), also do not shoot krevchenko.
Playing as woods, shoot Alex Mason's Legs(two shots).
As Farid, kill harper.
As Menendez do not shoot briggs(wait sometime and no need to shoot at all) - optional, not sure if this affects the endings.
Do all the Strategy missions(all 4 of them, fifth one if you fail to save karma in the city level)
In the end capture menendez.

See best ending.

Yeah. Killing Menendez will save Woods. And capturing Menendez won't save Woods (as he'd kill him) and ultimately Menendez will commit suicide. But I liked the latter one better

But 9.5 to a junk game? Lol.
No, see my guide, there's a better way.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Oh damn. I played three times in three ways but didn't do that. I didn't kill Alex, but killed the guys who were standing aside him and it caused mission fail, so I thought killing Alex was a must! I will surely play again. This means the game has 3 ending actually, wow. But are those side missions a must, I hate playing them!
And thanks for your information.

tkin

Back to school!!
Oh damn. I played three times in three ways but didn't do that. I didn't kill Alex, but killed the guys who were standing aside him and it caused mission fail, so I thought killing Alex was a must! I will surely play again. But are those side missions a must, I hate playing them!
And thanks for your information.
Same here, strike force sucks, but is a must for the best ending.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Best ending guide which I discovered after three playthoughs:
No need to kill menendez to save woods, if, playing as woods, you shoot Alex Mason's legs instead of his heads(two shots needed, both for the legs), then at ending Alex Mason is alive and he gets his reunion with his son at Wood's place, menendez is in jail and he can't do a $hit as karma(she must live, see guide below) completely foils menendezes virus and appears at a talkshow in tv.

So do these:
In alex mason/woods level, find CIA document in Menendez's House(in drug room area), also do not shoot krevchenko.
Playing as woods, shoot Alex Mason's Legs(two shots).
As Farid, kill harper.
As Menendez do not shoot briggs(wait sometime and no need to shoot at all) - optional, not sure if this affects the endings.
Do all the Strategy missions(all 4 of them, fifth one if you fail to save karma in the city level)
In the end capture menendez.

See best ending.

No, see my guide, there's a better way.

just great ;-) never imagined even COD can have alternative endings but nice to know that they have learned and improved this time.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
How come? I see 3!

Fallen Angel, right? Still half way to go as far as I could remember.

Wiki:

If the player spares Menendez's life, completes all four Strike Force Missions, and both Chloe Lynch and Alex Mason survive the events of the game, the "best" ending will result. The player will have secured an alliance between China and the United States, ending the Second Cold War, Chloe's survival prevents Menendez's cyberattack from succeeding, and Mason's survival allows him to visit Frank Woods in retirement, reuniting with Section. The final scene shows Menendez in prison, watching a talk show with Jimmy Kimmel interviewing Chloe, and angry at his failed attack.

If Menendez is spared and Chloe survives, but Mason is killed in action, the Second Cold War will end and Menendez's cyberattack will fail, but Section will visit his father's grave with Woods and decides to retire from soldiering; Woods comments that his father would approve of the decision.

If Menendez is spared, Chloe is killed and Mason's fate is unresolved, Section will apprehend Menendez and take him into custody. The cyberattack will succeed, allowing Menendez to escape. He kills Woods in the retirement home before visting his sister's grave, dousing himself in gasoline, and readying a lit match.

If Menendez is killed, Chloe's fate is unresolved and Mason is killed, Section will visit his father's grave. Menendez's followers will riot when they learn of his assassination from a video Menendez programmed to post in that event, ending with a cut of the White House burning.

If Menendez is killed, Chloe's fate is unresolved and Mason lives, Section will kill Menendez before reuniting with his father at the retirement home, and Menendez's followers will riot as above.

Go scurry in the cutscene folder.

Is it playable directly?
I only viewed the bink files others were of some different extension

Top Bottom