Call of Duty 4:excellent fps game i have ever played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^its typical hollywoodish, what the hell is different nothing except an online mode ?

Deus Ex, Grim Fandango, RTCW, Thief, Silent Hill 2 were the games I still love. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is another addition after a long epoch of RTCW. The old feel with some cool concepts is back. nowhere hav I seen bullet ballistics as better as this game, atmoshpere as haunting as this game, re-playability value that never tarnishes. I played it more than 6 months to explore every inch of it, still playing cuz many things are awaiting to be explored. I got special unique moded weapons that kick some a$$es when triggered upon. The modified Exo Suit, PSZ 9 armour suit and SEVA suit are friggin awesome. :rolleyes: Where does COD 4 stands, just at cinematic feel and fast paced cliche gameplay.

NOTE: old game culture is missing now, all hail graphics and gameplay with shallow story:rolleyes:

Last edited:

amitash

Intel OCer
cod4 is simply one of the best fps's ive ever played and i have played alot of them and imo only games like FEAR and BLACk are tat good

toofan

Technomancer
Which one of the two would you considerd as winner.
COD 4 or MOH: Airborne
Which one is better and why?
Any openions

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
^^its typical hollywoodish, what the hell is different nothing except an online mode ?

Deus Ex, Grim Fandango, RTCW, Thief, Silent Hill 2 were the games I still love. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is another addition after a long epoch of RTCW. The old feel with some cool concepts is back. nowhere hav I seen bullet ballistics as better as this game, atmoshpere as haunting as this game, re-playability value that never tarnishes. I played it more than 6 months to explore every inch of it, still playing cuz many things are awaiting to be explored. I got special unique moded weapons that kick some a$$es when triggered upon. The modified Exo Suit, PSZ 9 armour suit and SEVA suit are friggin awesome. :rolleyes: Where does COD 4 stands, just at cinematic feel and fast paced cliche gameplay.

NOTE: old game culture is missing now, all hail graphics and gameplay with shallow story:rolleyes:
TES 4 Oblivion owns in this respect.Took me months to finish it and I am playing it again after an year.I rarely replay games but Oblivion is one of the best games I played,if not THE best.

shantanu

Technomancer
I go for gameplay, graphics matter, but gameplay and story line is what is that i need :) ,whats oblivion about ? and whats black :( ?

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
well friends sorry but i think somepeople here didnt read the title properly.

no hard feelings or offence i said FIRST PERSON SHOOTER.well our friend T159 here mentioned and compared some games like theif and silent hill (though i have not played silent hill) and friend Arsenal_Gunners have mentioned about oblivion.

now according to my knowledge these are not fps.:D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@quan chi
sometime I get swayed, so never mind go on with the discussion :p
apology for any inconvenience

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
well the reasons behind the success of call of duty 4 according to me is.

1.rapid or fast pace of the story.wont let you get bored as mentioned by me no of times earlier.:D.

2.a good recipe.i mean it has stealth,run and gun,sniper mode,kill from helicopter,chase,escape ....etc etc..

3.very good graphics.

4.music.will make you feel that you are in the battlefield.the tense situation is well created.hats off to the developers!!

5.variety of weapons.

i have also played moh airborne demo.but it has a not so effective storyline i think.the saves are also a bit fraustrating.

btw i didnt understood that part in which at the end of the game you have to save a vip from a plane why was it added well also it dosent go with the story.

if we follow the criteria as you say, must play Half-LIFE2, EP1, EP2.
I Like COD4 but i have never play game like HL2.
My experience:
1. No heavy on system, you can also play HL2 on integrated graphics system with good frame rate.
2. if you play HL2 and episodes on the dedicated graphics, then its graphics, framerate, performance totally not reviewable here.
3. Great story.
4. you can never feel bore just a second.
5. Hollywood style gameplay.
6. As a gordon freeman you are the main character of story. Alex wayn a femail character with you, and its dog....
7. thrill, horror, suspance.
8. you feel the behavior and emotions of both friends and enimies.
9. As like other games you not need to follow objective.
No objectives are given. as a part of story you will never feel about objective. straightforward story always keep you bind.
10. no any trailer to tell you about next topic in the middle. fully intractible gameplay.
11. amazing environment, characters, alians etc.
12. Great wapons: Gravity gun... unable to explain. Other many more.
13. tight AI.
Many more... unable to describe here.... just play it and write your experience.
Now in waiting EP3.

Last edited:
OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
if we follow the criteria as you say, must play Half-LIFE2, EP1, EP2.
I Like COD4 but i have never play game like HL2.
My experience:
1. No heavy on system, you can also play HL2 on integrated graphics system with good frame rate.
2. if you play HL2 and episodes on the dedicated graphics, then its graphics, framerate, performance totally not reviewable here.
3. Great story.
4. you can never feel bore just a second.
5. Hollywood style gameplay.
6. As a gordon freeman you are the main character of story. Alex wayn a femail character with you, and its dog....
7. thrill, horror, suspance.
8. you feel the behavior and emotions of both friends and enimies.
9. As like other games you not need to follow objective.
No objectives are given. as a part of story you will never feel about objective. straightforward story always keep you bind.
10. no any trailer to tell you about next topic in the middle. fully intractible gameplay.
11. amazing environment, characters, alians etc.
12. Great wapons: Gravity gun... unable to explain. Other many more.
13. tight AI.
Many more... unable to describe here.... just play it and write your experience.
Now in waiting EP3.

well i have heard that it is also a good game. i searched for it but didnt get it.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
COD4 rocks..played the demo...am getting the full version this weekend. Love the sniper rifle...and not heavy on system resources too...running it all high..with my mid system...does not stutter too much. Story is good, player involvement is high....sound track nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom