Call Centre Regulations

Inceptionist

Journeyman
Hi, My ISP is Honesty Net Solutions. (Honesty | Home)

The problem is the pathetic 'customer care' service which is available from 10 AM till 7 PM. You can't lodge a complaint before or after that. :evil:

Then I came across this
National Consumer Helpline - 1800-11-4000 Jago Grahak jago,Complaint Management System
*www.dot.gov.in/sites/default/files/TCCRR0012012.pdf

1. Every service provider has been mandated to set up a call centre at each licensed service area for redressal of grievances of their consumers
  2. The call centre has to function 24x7 i.e. round the clock 7days a week and 24 hrs. a day.
  3. The call centre will have to function with a toll free number or customer care number.
  4. No call charges or SMS charges shall be levied upon or payable by customers for calls made or SMS service sent to toll free number/customer care number.

And I realized, that the numbers are not toll free as well.

Now, what I'd like to know that does this applies to ISPs as well? Or is it limited to Telephone service providers such as MTNL, Vodafone etc.?
If it applied to my ISP, where can I complain about this?

I'd appreciate a quick reply as only other ISP is MTNL. This duopoly feels like competition to provide worst customer service.

Thanks.

Hrishi

For Internet Service providers not only 24x7 CS is mandatory but also the quality of service associated with it.

OP
Inceptionist

Inceptionist

Journeyman
Well, when the service is working, there are no issues. No FUP or speed limit. It works fine.
But when it goes down (and it usually does once in 2-3 weeks), it is nightmare to book a complaint and resolve the issue.

So I can warn that the CS is not as per the TRAI regulations, right?
And where can I go to file complaint if ISP doesn't listen?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
read carefully.it is on the 2nd page of pdf:
Provided that nothing contained in these regulations shall apply to an Internet Service Provider whose turnover in any preceding financial year does not exceed rupees five crore or whose total number of subscribers in any preceding financial year does not exceed ten thousand numbers, as the case may be.

OP
Inceptionist

Inceptionist

Journeyman
Even if one condition is satisfied, then ISP has to maintain a toll free, 24x7 call centre?

I called and got manager over phone today. He was impatient and rude.
When I said about the regulations, he said they were not mandatory.
Also, when I said how we (customers) have to suffer poor service and you people don't care about us due to the duopoly in the area, his reply was 'It is their (other ISPs) problem that they are not providing service in your area'.

I was stunned for a moment because of this arrogance.

Where can I obtain information about turnover and subscribers? Right to Information?

Top Bottom