Calcutta Hardware Vendor Feedback Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Can some one tell me is Q9450 available in Kolkata... i heard it is available in Chennai almost 10 days before...

Also l et me know what is the least price of CM690 and Corsair HX620 in kolkata

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
that was Q9300.Q9450=soon it will come,but dont buy it.low multiplier locked @8.5x.get q6700 multi locked @10x

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Well what do u mean by that,... i heard it is better than 6600 and is better responsive to Overclocking.... it has even 12MB cache compared to 8mb in 6600

sr_garg

Broken In
frnds please reply here too..

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86870

i'm from kolkata n need to buy a headset for chatting n some music n my budget is rrs. 500 n can spend upto rs. 1000 if the headset is very good...

thnx 2 all of u.

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
If anyone is planning to buy Antec products, pls dont dont buy. They dont have any service center in Kolkata. My antec smps went kaput during the month of October 07 i got it back repaired after 2months during the month of December 07 (all done from chennai). Again the smps went wrong during the month of February 08 and i took it to alfatech, they accepted it and sent to chennai for repair/replacement but i havnt got it back yet.
I inquire abt it from time to time and they are just playing with it.
I dunno wat to do.

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
i think that was also what i have once experience ...but the owner there accepted my warranty claim without bill..i told him the probable name the bill is issued in..his employee search for it in the computer and found it...i think they sent to the product to south india...i received a replacement piece..a diff model after around a month..inconvenient i would say...i think the reason they dont have service center here is becos their product do not have wide reach so far...what with people going for cheaper variants..

it would be great if someboday could mark the various shops and service center mentioned in google earth satellite image so people not in the know do not have to go searching for it...:cool:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Thanks guys for informing about bad support of antec - I'll stay away from antec products in the future .

~TheDon~

Right off the assembly line
can any one help me by telling how to go to Inox Computers ( i ve got the address but couldnt find it...a detailed direction would be really helpful)...i need 2 sell my 3 yr old CRT monitor...ne idea how much i may recieve???

royal

Padawan
Yesterday bought Logitech X-540 from Velocity(beside Technokrat) for Rs. 4800 + VAT :) The person sitting behind the counter seemed knowledgable. He had a good collection of MP3 players and memory cards and the prices seemed reasonable. Its similar to Caltron that used to be good about an year ago (hasn't visited since).

BTW, got a free cap replacement from CORSAIR Voyager 8 GB delivered to my home . :D

Last but not the least , Supreme hasn't changed much. Same level of haughtiness as before. :rolleyes:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
eXperience about Vedant Computer :

I just took my seagate 80GB ( bought last year ) to Vedant
as that hdd devoloped bad sectors. I was hoping they will
send the hdd to the service center of seagate. But to my surprise ( WTF ! )
they told me to take the hdd by myself.Also I noticed they're
not willing to pay much attention to the customers who ran into trouble
after buying some product.

But I just hate to carry around products bought from a shop to the service centers
scattered all over the city. Common Damn it, I think it's the shopkeeper's
responsibility to carry defective materials to the service center
on behalf of us. But they seems like only interested in filling up
their pockets with profits without any after sales customer service.

A very bad experience.

Can you guys suggest some shops who will not tell us to carry around
defective materials to the service center instead they will do that by themselves.

~TheDon~

Right off the assembly line
can anyone give me the directions to reach Inox Computers...i went to chandni in search of it but couldnt find it

thnx in advance

nirajkvinit

Broken In
Supreme's service is not good. They don't care whether you are a new or old customer unless you got a big order for them.
They think providing good service is not good for business then why bother. Newbies always go there and give them business. Supreme's Location is its biggest gain. I wonder what would they do if they had their showroom in some deep dark lane.

arupch

Tech Addict
@~TheDon~
From chandni metro go towards right (mission row). On the left hand side of the footpath you will get a exide showroom. After crossing it keep a watch on the opposite side of the footpath. You will see Inox computer there.

nirajkvinit

Broken In
Last Saturday(21/06/2008) I bought a computer from Lalani Infotech. I had a nice experience there. A guy named Mr. Prithu Sanyal helped me choose a right combination and gave a good deal. If I am to rate Lalani, I'd give 8 out of 10. I've reserved 2 points because I am greedy(They couldn't make the deal sweeter).

RexRazr

Broken In
when i first bought my PC 2 years ago i went to Lalani too besides other shops...their reception was good but the prices made me have hiccups (comparing to other stores)...that was the worst store i visited that day i think lol...anyway i don't know if it became any better now...coz didn't go there again after that :cool:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I also once went to lalani to buy a seagate 160GB hdd. But they were insisting me on 160GB western digital. When I said to give me western digital drive they don't have that ( despite of they are a western digital volume distributor. If What a screw up. Lolz. If they don't have that why they insisted me to take a western digital drive ? They even don't know which product they have.

rahul30

Techzilla!
Hi guys,
I recently purchased linksys wireless router from arihant infotech at chandni. The router was not working when I brought home, so I returned the very next day. The guy ashok jain was very rude and said he wont replace it, he will send to the company and then when the company gives a replacement, he will give it to me. I said what if the company takes 20 days to replace,will I have to wait for that long. He said yes. Then I told him to give me a new piece and asked him to take the replacement piece himself later. But then the rude guy never seemed to bother.

From this experience, I have realized that its better to buy from someone who charges a few hundred rupees more but pays more attention to customer service, thats much better.

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
eXperience about Vedant Computer :

I just took my seagate 80GB ( bought last year ) to Vedant
as that hdd devoloped bad sectors. I was hoping they will
send the hdd to the service center of seagate. But to my surprise ( WTF ! )
they told me to take the hdd by myself.Also I noticed they're
not willing to pay much attention to the customers who ran into trouble
after buying some product.

But I just hate to carry around products bought from a shop to the service centers
scattered all over the city. Common Damn it, I think it's the shopkeeper's
responsibility to carry defective materials to the service center
on behalf of us. But they seems like only interested in filling up
their pockets with profits without any after sales customer service.

A very bad experience.

Can you guys suggest some shops who will not tell us to carry around
defective materials to the service center instead they will do that by themselves.

This is also something which i m dissatisfied about. All the shop do is get the product from distributor or some other source and give it to us then they forget about it. According to some, it is better u take it to service center urself as those vendors will take their time even if they agree to send it to service center. Alas! india is a country where customers/consumers are at the mercy of businessmen

I also once went to lalani to buy a seagate 160GB hdd. But they were insisting me on 160GB western digital. When I said to give me western digital drive they don't have that ( despite of they are a western digital volume distributor. If What a screw up. Lolz. If they don't have that why they insisted me to take a western digital drive ? They even don't know which product they have.

Last i try to buy a motherboard from lalani..i think it was Asus P5K Dlx Wi-Fi
they gave me the wrong model
Asus P5K3 DLX/WIFI. I said it is wrong and argument ensued about ddr2 and ddr3 then they took out manual and check and found for themselves that it only have ddr3 support. the money already paid! damn then they say no stock for that motherboard..so i went for another one ehich is cheaper than the said motherboard..and that salesperson tried to hit me with a higher price than what the another motherboard command and i shouted at them and they relented..that incident really pissed me off

I think Computer World is good but they too don't give a damn about low budgets.....

last i enquire about memory from them..the guy there keep on recommending transcend..why? becos they have stock which they probably want to offload...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom