Cabinet in 12k for web-dev.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Hi everyone ! My friend is looking to open a small web-dev office in his basement & is looking forward to get about 4-5 rigs for that purpose. So please, help me out. I'm confused between A4 & Intel. Primary concern is low-power usage & energy efficient.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:
Primary use - Web development
Secondary use - Mobile apps development.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 10-14k. Not above that. No more budget stretching

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Ubuntu 14.04/Linux Mint. And if required, Windows 7.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: As little as possible.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No. He will add his 720p monitor later

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: No Monitor, Keyboard/mouse , speakers, UPS etc. Just good old cabinet.No DVD writer either as USB is good to install any OS.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Sometime in June.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Will be assembled myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Shimla or Online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Just need energy efficient desktops. Don't worry about cooling as the temperature of Shimla rarely touches 30 degrees.

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
Intel Pentium G2020 -3500, CPU
Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H -3400,
Corsair value Select DDR3 4 GB -2000,
Antec BP300p- 1800(PSU),
local Cabinet-900.
WD 500GB blue-3200.
TOTAL -15,000.

OP
hellknight

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Thanks. BTW, what is the price difference between the Haswell based Pentiums & the 3rd Gen Penitum? Moreover, are Haswell based Pentium available in India?

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Why do people resort to calling names when someone points something out with good intentions. If one can not handle being corrected then one should not make mistakes while asking suggestions IMHO.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I know. But if I would've written CPU then you would've said that CPU is just a component. Why don't you suggest a proper term instead of being a smartass?

hope this helps ;) *www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2130355/components-buying-tips-information-indians.html.
most indians think PC/desktop as CPU or cabinet.it is not their fault. it is rather ignorance. even i used to call it as a cpu when i was a child. if someone corrects you, then accept that ;).

OP
hellknight

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
OK. Back to the topic. I made a few adjustments to the configuration.

ComponentModelSpecificationPrice
ProcessorIntel Pentium G20202.9 Ghz, 3 MB L2, 22nm, 55W, VT-x₹3,266.00
MotherboardGigabyte GA-H61M-S1UATX, H61, 7.1₹3,200.00
RAMADATA4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 Mhz₹2,780.00
SMPSCorsairVS350. 350W, 85% efficiency₹1,920.00
CabinetLocal Cabinet
₹1,000.00
HDDWestern DigitalWD Blue 500 GB₹3,100.00
Total

₹15,266.00

Corsair's VS350 seems better than Antec's PSU. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, the H61M-S1 board is cheaper than the H61M-D2H board which has 2 extra RAM slots which he won't be needing. BTW, the minimum HDD that I could find was 500 GB. Are 320 GB & 250 GB HDDs extinct? All these rates are from Flipkart.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
corsair vs series psu are not good. opt for antec bp300p.
remember gigabyte h61m d2h has 4 ram slots compared to 2 of h61m s1. s1 does not have hdmi/dvi.Realtek ALC887 vs Realtek ALC889. i would recommend gigabyte h61m d2h. gigabyte h61m s1 was at 2.9k. you can get kingston hyperx blu a 2.7k. so get that.

Top Bottom