Cabinet for 4K

sinhead

Broken In
Hi Guys,
I need a new cabinet. Budget - 4k.

My config - FX-8350, Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0, Corsair Vengeance 8GB X 1,Seasonic S12II 520, SSD to be added later.

Applications used - Maya, Vray rendering, Zbrush.

Desired Features - Good Cable management+airflow, Front usb3.
Is there any other feature good to have - fan controllers?? dust filters?

I'd go for NZXT gamma if it is available in Delhi. Locally available will be better. I am scared, ordering online will get me a damaged/dented cabinet.

Waiting for your suggestions.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
look for Antec GX 700 or if you can spend 1k more just get Corsair Carbide 400R without any second thought.

OP
S

sinhead

Broken In
Thanks guys. Even I like corsair 400r. Current MRP - Rs6300, as per flipkart. Other online sellers quoting approx the same incl delivery charge. Any shop in Nehru Place (Delhi) stocks this one?
1 doubt - it was released in 2011. So will I be better off purchasing a cabinet recently launched or it doesn't matter.

Piyush

Lanaya
BTW I was just checking 400R. The model available here is the old one I think because the variant available in EU and NA is very much different .

Moy

Gadget Freak/Flashaholic
Hi Guys,
I need a new cabinet. Budget - 4k.

My config - FX-8350, Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0, Corsair Vengeance 8GB X 1,Seasonic S12II 520, SSD to be added later.

Applications used - Maya, Vray rendering, Zbrush.

Desired Features - Good Cable management+airflow, Front usb3.
Is there any other feature good to have - fan controllers?? dust filters?

I'd go for NZXT gamma if it is available in Delhi. Locally available will be better. I am scared, ordering online will get me a damaged/dented cabinet.

Waiting for your suggestions.

Check these cabinets...,

1. mdcomputers.in/index.php?route=product/product&path=74_62&product_id=1877

2. mdcomputers.in/index.php?route=product/product&path=74_62&product_id=2033

3. mdcomputers.in/index.php?route=product/product&path=74_62&product_id=1189

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Corsair 400R. Or else you can check out the Coolermaster N series but I haven't received those cases for review yet so can't say.

However it should be noted that 400R's price increased significantly. I think its somewhere near/around 5k now.

Corsair 400R. Or else you can check out the Coolermaster N series but I haven't received those cases for review yet so can't say.

However it should be noted that 400R's price increased significantly. I think its somewhere near/around 5k now.

4800 war the earlier price. Now it is increased to 5700.

OP
S

sinhead

Broken In
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. Finally got myself Corsair 400R from Computer Empire, Delhi for Rs5400.
:D the cabinet is beautiful. No wonder everyone gave a unanimous suggestion to go for it. Everything seems to be of good quality. Lives up to the expectation I had after reading all the reviews. This is the best and the most expensive cabinet I have ever owned :D. I'm happy with the decision. Thanks everyone.
I also considered the other options suggested by Moy, Antex GX700, Cooler Master N 300, but this one seemed just right. Phanton 410 was too much of a budget stretch.

Packing - Surprisingly there were no scratches and dings. The PSU mount wasn't bent/dented. Though it came in an open unsealed box. The thermocol at the bottom was broken in 2 places.

Congrats op. This cabinet will last for many new builds :) and do take case of cable management and some led stripes

Congrats op. This cabinet will last for many new builds :) and do take case of cable management and some led stripes

Top Bottom