cabinet and graphic card buyin help.

hi guys..i have got 2 questions..
1. I want to buy a new cabinet..my current cabinet is crap..my actual budget is 4 to 5k
I want features like awesome looks, excellent cable management, low maintenance..etc..
Following cabinets are in my mind rite now.. corsair 400r, Nzxt Guardian 921 RB, Nzxt Lexa S, HAF 912 Combat..

Theres 1 more thing actully i can my extend my budget by 2-3k..i just want to know will it be worth it?
My current config is i5 760, seasonic sii 520,asus engtx 550ti..i never gona overclock nor sli..
these are the options of my extended budget..Nzxt Phantom (i love the design), Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced, Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced..
So the thing is should i invest more in cabinet??

2.I am also planning to buy 660ti..so i wanna know will i5 760(on default clocks) bottleneck it? Also m not planning to upgrade my pc for another 2 yrs..
so shld i invest in new graphic card or wait for 2 yrs and buy a completely new system?? and 1 last thing if it doesnt bottleneck it can i think of buyin gtx 680 or 680 will be surely bottle necked?
Thanks..

havoknation

Journeyman
Answer to your 1st query :

Under 5k budget, I would suggest you only Corsair 400R as it has ample space with good airflow and cable management options. If you want to stretch your budget a little say like 1k then at approx 6k, you could take a look at NZXT Phantom 410 Black/White as it also has very good airflow and why not to point out its look factor. Don't think beyond it.
PS : Its your personal call wheither to invest extra 1k on looks as both Phantom and 400R has same space and size.

Answer to 2nd que :
Yes you can take a look at 660ti but IMO you should hold on for max 2 weeks as there is a price cut on radeon GPU's, so you could get radeon 7950HD at same price of gtx660ti and for that option you dont need to change your PSU also but for GTX670/680, seasonic 520W is not enough. So investing more on PSU and GPU will lower down your Rs per gaming performance ratio but swtiching to radeon 7870HD/7950HD will give you output for your every piny invested.

PS : your i5 will not bottleneck 660ti. Don't worry.

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
Havoknation said it all :-D
I will just add about the cabinet - never go cheap on a cabinet. If you have the budget i would suggest 500r, 690 2 advanced or the antec p280. I will not suggest the phantom 410 due to its plastic construction. Also will not suggest phantom coz In 2 or 3 days the new phantom is coming. So see if you can wait a bit.

havoknation

Journeyman
Havoknation said it all :-D
I will just add about the cabinet - never go cheap on a cabinet. If you have the budget i would suggest 500r, 690 2 advanced or the antec p280. I will not suggest the phantom 410 due to its plastic construction. Also will not suggest phantom coz In 2 or 3 days the new phantom is coming. So see if you can wait a bit.

new phantom?? :O

Source plz

vkl

Cyborg Agent
@OP
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7950 OC Edition @24k looks like a good deal as of now.
You might wait for further price cuts.

Answer to your 1st query :

Under 5k budget, I would suggest you only Corsair 400R as it has ample space with good airflow and cable management options. If you want to stretch your budget a little say like 1k then at approx 6k, you could take a look at NZXT Phantom 410 Black/White as it also has very good airflow and why not to point out its look factor. Don't think beyond it.
PS : Its your personal call wheither to invest extra 1k on looks as both Phantom and 400R has same space and size.

Answer to 2nd que :
Yes you can take a look at 660ti but IMO you should hold on for max 2 weeks as there is a price cut on radeon GPU's, so you could get radeon 7950HD at same price of gtx660ti and for that option you dont need to change your PSU also but for GTX670/680, seasonic 520W is not enough. So investing more on PSU and GPU will lower down your Rs per gaming performance ratio but swtiching to radeon 7870HD/7950HD will give you output for your every piny invested.

PS : your i5 will not bottleneck 660ti. Don't worry.

@havoknation
Care to explain as to why would OP need a new PSU with gtx670/680 but not with a hd7950?
Check this
i5 760 at stock consumes much lesser power than i7 920@3.6GHz.
Gtx 670 consumes somewhat lesser power than hd 7950.Gtx680 power consumption is around the level of hd7950.
Also OP has said that he is not going to overclock.Seasonic s12ii 520 can easily handle gtx680 with his config.

*i.imgur.com/uBslL.gif?1 *i.imgur.com/jMmqM.gif?1

OP
I

imrocking_since92

Journeyman
So i have narrowed it down to final 3..cm 690 2, 500r and new phantom..what do u guys think??1 more thing..my current system is dell assembled..
so will thr be any problem to shift everything in my new cabinet??

and abt graphic card..lets see my current budget is 20k..so i think i would rather wait..m surely not gona buy gtx680..so it doesnt matter if my psu will be able handle it or not..
i had just asked it to know that hows my processor after 2 yrs..if 660ti wont be bottle necked than its cool..

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
U should not have any problem if you do it carefully. The choices are gud, but keep in mind that the phantom may take a month to arrive so see if you can wait for it or go with the others.

OP
I

imrocking_since92

Journeyman
hopefully i wont have any problem in shifting..plsz tell guys if my cabinet choices are good or not?? shld i go for 400r instead of 500r??

wat shld i do abt graphic card?? my budget is 20k..i got 520 seasonic sii, i5 760..

and one last help required..my iball ups doesnt even give backup of 1 min when i am gaming..sugest a good ups also..

ps..i can wait for 1 month withouth any prob for all components..

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
You can get the sapphire 7870 oc or the msi 660-ti pe from smc! For the cabby, you have the reccomendations choose the one you like.
I think you are stressing the ups too much. You need more ups power.
So u should be good to go then. Best of luck :-D

OP
I

imrocking_since92

Journeyman
@saikiasunny..thanks dude for ur suggestions..

guys u all tel me..400r or cm 690 advanced??
and also suggest a ups please..

for graphic card i will wait for a while..
thanks..

Pazu

Right off the assembly line
For the cabinet all the above suggestions are extremely good but given the budget also take a loot at :

Lancool PC-K62 | Cabinet | Flipkart.com

Points to note though this is not a new case so you wont get the USB 3.0s like u get on the CM 690II and is not suitable for watercooling specially H100 but it is very good for air cooling has no problem fitting some bigger air coolers also the building quality for the price is good.

Personally been using this for 6-7months now had no problems, my old pc dabba had cooling problems and was a complete dust magnet but on this the inside stays sparkling new with very lil fine dust most of the thicker gets blocked by the filters.

There are many good reviews on youtube so you can check em out and also watch out for the new phantom which is releasing tomorrow 15th Oct but might take time to hit India.

Have fun~

Top Bottom