Cabinet Airflow Confusion ?!?!?!

vizkid2005

In the zone
Hello Guys !!!
Cabinet is : Cooler MAster 430 Elite ...
This is my current config for fan arragements ...

*img406.imageshack.us/img406/4204/caseairflow.jpg

Very Bad Diagram Indeed !!! I know ...

At the top, the fan is located on the empty space that lies towards the front out of the two openings on top ...

The side fan is cooler master ... The top fan is Cheap Quality ... The front is stock cooler master LED fan that came with the case ... CPU heatsink is stock that comes with i5 processor ...

What do u think about the current layout ???
The temps of proccy and mobo are around 40 C at idle and around 65 C when playing games like CS source (Thats the only one I have rite now !!! :p )

I think dats a bit high ...

Can u please suggest on the layout ... I am willing to buy a couple of fans more ... If need be ...

sukesh1090

Adam young
why is that psu's hot air going towards processor heat sink?
here is my suggestions with pics and wait for others suggestion.direct that psu fan's air to outside the cabinet.as i read in some websites the Intake and Exhaust should be balanced.guys correct me if iam wrong.

OP
V

vizkid2005

In the zone
why is that psu's hot air going towards processor heat sink?here is my suggestions with pics and wait for others suggestion.direct that psu fan's air to outside the cabinet.as i read in some websites the Intake and Exhaust should be balanced.guys correct me if iam wrong.

@ sukesh : Bcoz My psu Is designed to take cold air from outside and expel it in to my cabinet in the up ward direction .. PSU is Corsair GS600 ...
Also I`m gonna add a HD 6870 .. That also will create a lot of heat ... That y I want good airflow in my cabinet ...
Also in ur pic u Have made the top front side fan as intake .. Why ??? Shouldn`t top fans be exaust becoz hot air rises ...

Should I buy a corsair H50 ??? But in that also I have to reverse airflow of the cabinet ... They say u should pull in cold air from the back (ie: where u mount the radiator of H50) ...

@ OP - what PSU you are using ? Does your PSU has 2 fans ?

My psu Is designed to take cold air from outside and expel it in to my cabinet in the up ward direction .. PSU is Corsair GS600 ...

No it has only one fan ..

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
It's tough to understand anything fro your diagram. As a general rule, keep in mind that side and front fans should be intake and rear and top fans should be outflow. CPU and GPU coolers blow air on to them and fans should be put in such a way that the air coming out of there is blown out and not circulated inside. 5 fans should be enough, you do not need more fans. You can replace cheap fans with good quality ones instead.
Temperatures are also fine, while under stress, GPUs tend to go up to 70 C. Using good fans should bring down temp by a couple of degrees.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Is that fan an exhaust on the Corsair GS600 top. Or is it intake. Does it have a ventilation grill..?

sukesh1090

Adam young
Also in ur pic u Have made the top front side fan as intake .. Why ??? Shouldn`t top fans be exaust becoz hot air rises ...

that's why i kept one of the upper ventilation which i think will be right above your cpu for outflow and one for intake.than buying more fans you just invest for a nice heat sink.these much of fans are more than enough.just keep outflow fans near cpu and gfx card so that the hot air released can be thrown out of the cabinet.

OP
V

vizkid2005

In the zone
Do I need to go for corsair H50 or or CM N620 should suffice ???

As I posted earlier ... Does H50 require cool air from outside ?? As a result I have to reverse airflow ???

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ sukesh : Bcoz My psu Is designed to take cold air from outside and expel it in to my cabinet in the up ward direction .. PSU is Corsair GS600 ...
Also I`m gonna add a HD 6870 .. That also will create a lot of heat ... That y I want good airflow in my cabinet ...

Should I buy a corsair H50 ??? But in that also I have to reverse airflow of the cabinet ... They say u should pull in cold air from the back (ie: where u mount the radiator of H50) ...

My psu Is designed to take cold air from outside and expel it in to my cabinet in the up ward direction .. PSU is Corsair GS600 ...

No it has only one fan ..

Your PSU has a bottom mounted fan and it draws cold air into PSU to keep it cool but if your PSU don't has any kind grill on exact opposite side of the bottom mounted fan theres no chance for hot air to be exhausted inside your cabby from PSU.

For improved cooling pewrformance try this :

Buy 3x 2000 RPM CM led fans - they have 90CFM air pressure so they should help in ventilation.

Attach one fan at front/one at back/one at bottom and another one on the side.

If you get a Hypey N620 which is very good CPU cooler you may not be able to use one top 120 mm fan anyway as the cooler may block the space.

Top Bottom