Cabby dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Want to buy a cabby with minimum parameters like this:

1)Excellent build material(steel)

2) Very good Cable management(back of mobo) and airflow(top,side or bottom,front and rear)

3) Must have a side panel for aeisthetics.

pls suggest.

I have first thought of GAMMA but it is without side panel. If any one can give me any idead regarding how to mod Gamma for side panel i am ready to buy that .

CM 430/431/431 PLUS has side panel but not good cable management like Gamma.

If at all there is any cabinet with the first 3 conditions then budget will be set accrodingly.(lower the better)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ have a look at LIAN LI Lancool PC-K56W Black 0.8 mm SECC - it comes with some sort of cable management KiT but I would still recommend CM Elite 430 - for good cooling and looks and cbales can be managed with Zip ties easily ;-)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
New amazon site have some awesome cabinet deals in them. You may want to check them out.

Souro_Ray

In the zone
If your budget is 7K, you can go with the CoolerMaster 690II Plus or Advanced model. The model with the side panel has slots for at least 6 fans; a mix of 120mm and 140mm.

Else you can go with the CoolerMaster HAF912 cabinet from the High Air Flow series. It has great rugged looks and very good cooling.

In my own opinion, i think the NZXT Phantom looks awesome. But thats just my opinion. Cabinet looks are purely a matter of perspective and is a personal choice. Nearly all of Corsair's cabinets look solid and dignified.

I got the CM690II Plus with sidepanel for around 5300 all. The HAF912 with sidepanel should cost around 6000 inclusive of tax. Prices are from MD Comps.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
NZXT Phantom
CM 690II
Lancool K62/K63
Corsair Carbide 400R

Stay away from HAF912, if you have 3 or more HDD and a fairly long graphics card (or planning in future).

Souro_Ray

In the zone
I suggested HAF912 on the basis of looks and cooling efficiency and because it was within the budget. OP didnt mention anything about HDDs and long GPUs, but thanks for pointing that out, Skud :)

I love the 400R! It looks solid and very dignified

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
as i have told that side panel, behind mobo tray cable management and excellent build material all three should present . So judging from that view which one is best among the list given above? (kolkata availability. do not want to get through a courier)

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
^in that case NZXTs particularly phantom will be my choice. for NZXTs solid build and cable management is sure shot. But side panel is a issue for my budget.

can i try modding the side panel ?

Phantom requires 140 or 120 mm fan? In HARDWARE SECRET review they say the front bezel window is very weak and chances are there to break the hinge. Is it true?

Last edited:

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
as i have told that side panel, behind mobo tray cable management and excellent build material all three should present . So judging from that view which one is best among the list given above? (kolkata availability. do not want to get through a courier)

cm 690II advanced have a side panel??
and cable management is pretty good....
a full tower may cost more than 7k...

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^in that case NZXTs particularly phantom will be my choice. for NZXTs solid build and cable management is sure shot. But side panel is a issue for my budget.

can i try modding the side panel ?

Phantom requires 140 or 120 mm fan? In HARDWARE SECRET review they say the front bezel window is very weak and chances are there to break the hinge. Is it true?

From my personal experience with Phantom, front bezel window isn't weak unless you kick it again and again only to break it. ;)
And yes, it require a 140mm fan at the front as it doesn't have any fan at the front of HDD slots.
Now a practical problem: Being glossy, its tough to maintain its original color when anyone chooses white. I have black phantom though. It doesn't have any transparent side panel and thus is not a good product for showing off your setup.
Other points:
1. Have dust filter at every an slot, so, no need to worry about dust accumulation inside the cabinet.
2. Have fan controller which saves you spending another ~2.5K on fan controller.
3. Many reviewers says that its a plastic, but I would say that all the case are plastic. :p

So, best option (IMO):
Phantom Black @6.9K (try barging!)
140mm LED Fan @0.5K (choice of color should be done by you)
Total: 7.4K
Awesome purchase. Full tower with excellent airflow. Best VFM cabinet lol.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Around August form primeabgb, last time I want in Mumbai. Priced @6.8K including tax.
And the fan I'm using at the front, is exactly this: Newegg.com - XIGMATEK Cooling System Crystal Series CLF-F1451 140mm Blue LED Case Fan PSU Molex Adapter/extender included

Picked up around 15 of them, 13 bucks each, (forgot the exact number) from microcenter during my visit there around last January. They are really good. Those which are is different cabinets, haven't have any problem till now. If you can get them in India at a reasonable price, I would definitely suggest you to buy them. Otherwise, buy CoolerMaster 140mm fan.

That case side pane modding link is good, but not for me. Don't have time. :-(

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
no chance of going to delhi or mumbai. so only way is CM 140mm

BTW, will CORSAIR 450VX be able to take the load of all 140mm+120mm fans with full set of harwares(mobo+ram+cpu+gpu(HD6670)+hyper212 push/pull config) inside the cabby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom