C:\Documents and Settings\abc\Local Settings\temp remove it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huzefa

Journeyman
Could not complete the topic, size restrictions,
neways, what I meant was Should I remove the above Dir ?
I don't know where it has come from , but its massive about 8 GB ,
I need the space so can it be removed ?
It contains tons of stuff like programs I've downloaded , some which I've installed from the CD's and temporary Internet files, setup files, installables ,for eg entire Norton Internet Security 2004 installable, and directories like vga1ED, vga1F0, vga1F1, vga3BD and lots of empty directories etc....
Does neone else also have these Dirs or other types in their system ?
And Can it be safely removed ??

Thanks. :)

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Hi there! Welcome to the forum.

YEs i have removed them. The took a lot of space. They don't benefit the computer. I have removed them and there is no prob. in my computer.

Biplav

In the zone
dude the temp directory is something that gets saved when u install a program or open a zip/rar file.
this is the place where the program stores it while loading the install package.
so most of the things in here wwhud be applications and softwares.
even if u do delete the temp folder, it will automatically come back. :wink:
anyways wat u shud do is regularly clean the contents in this folder.
that will help u overcome space problems.

geek

Broken In
Just remove the files in the folder and not the folder itself. Also clean the files from 'Temporary Internet Files' folder which is just next to this temp folder.

U should clean both these folders on a regular basis

busyanuj

In the zone
rather than manually deleting the files and folders in there, you can use CCleaner for cleaning all the junk/temporary files from your system.
It's a small, nifty utility barely 471 kb in size. I suggest you try it now [it's a freeware].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom