c++ compiler for windows 7

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
MinGW + Geany
Ah yeah do read the stickies, stickies are meant for reading :p
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/programming/132924-c-c-beginners-guide-post-basic-questions-here.html

Neuron

Electronic.
I will recommend Visual C++ 2010 Express.Don't know about others,but VC++ marks almost all the errors in real time which you'll find really handy.

amirajdhawan

Broken In
Still if you like the old stuff..or for some reason have to work with the graphics.h(still usd in colleges) then u cn install dos emulator n the normal turbo c++ n use it inside dos emulator...it works in windows 7...else for a modern IDE go for netbeans with c++ plugin....also good for java!

nims11

BIOS Terminator
Still if you like the old stuff..or for some reason have to work with the graphics.h(still usd in colleges) then u cn install dos emulator n the normal turbo c++ n use it inside dos emulator...it works in windows 7...else for a modern IDE go for netbeans with c++ plugin....also good for java!

if anyone needs graphics.h, it can still be used under minGW. all the functions are same.
WinBGIm - Borland BGI emulation for MingW
i use it quite often

and btw i don't suggest DEV-C++ as it is not up to date. i use codeblocks

OP
C

chinkal

Right off the assembly line
May I know why? Because I think its pretty good.

i had it earlier nd it returned errors in a simple code of takn a value frm user and printing it on screen.... d error was sayn to use mre header files(i cant write d exact error as i hv uninstalled it)... the code i wrote was:--->

Code:
#include<iostream.h>
int main()
{
int x;
cin>>x;
cout<<"\n"<<x;
return(0);
}

Visual C++ is a very good compiler, though it takes up a lot of space...

i dwnloaded visual c++ bt em unable to open workspace...venevea i try to open it says d file name not found and please verify the path and file name are correct... i dunnoe whr am i gng wrng... do u hv ne idea abt dis prob??

nims11

BIOS Terminator
i had it earlier nd it returned errors in a simple code of takn a value frm user and printing it on screen.... d error was sayn to use mre header files(i cant write d exact error as i hv uninstalled it)... the code i wrote was:--->

Code:
#include<iostream.h>
int main()
{
int x;
cin>>x;
cout<<"\n"<<x;
return(0);
}

this code worked with dev-cpp. still, latest version of g++ wont be able to compile it. the correct code should be-
Code:
#include<iostream>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
int x;
cin>>x;
cout<<"\n"<<x;
return 0;
}

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
May I know why? Because I think its pretty good.

Well problem with Dev C++ in a beginners perspective is that it doesn't trap the keyboard for user input and most new users are perplexed where is the output, and resort to hacks like system("PAUSE"), etc.
Also it's not been developed for a while.
Overall it's good but quite dated.

Top Bottom